Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well that was a bonus...lol

there ya go! :)

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
Hi, first of all thank you, but I need help because I am new. I have an LTE nexus running gummynex with lean kernel. how do I install this app and how would I revert back to the stock app? I need rather specific directions please.

webmastir

Reaction score
Hi, first of all thank you, but I need help because I am new. I have an LTE nexus running gummynex with lean kernel. how do I install this app and how would I revert back to the stock app? I need rather specific directions please.

To backup, and if needed.. revert back to what you currently have, use a file explorer that has R/W mount capabilities (Root Explorer is a good popular paid one -OR- File Expert(my choice, which is a great free alt)). Browse to /system/app/ ...mount as ReadWrite(R/W) ..rename Mms.apk to Mms.apk.bak....then go to next step

He tells you in post #2 (below the original post)

Just do as that says:
  • Download the zip onto your phone
  • Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery mode
  • Choose 'install sd from zip'
  • Then choose the zip you just downloaded onto your "sdcard"
Don't like this modded one? Just go back to the File Explorer & R/W mount when in /system/app/ ...delete the Mms.apk that was put into your /system/app when you flashed the above zip & rename the Mms.apk.bak to Mms.apk - then reboot(prob not needed but do it anyway)
Voila.

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
thank you very much webmastir! I had read the entire thread and I didn't get all that. Especially, the part about returning it back to stock.

And thank you, xkape! Your theme is perfect! And I am one of the old guys that got the OP joke right away too, haha!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember if you install this to go to the OP and Mark as Installed, and Nominate for Developer of the Month!

:wink-b:

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go back one step. Bboy has that taken care of

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i'll let him know.. hes got the most experience with that app and does a great job.. he will have it updated quick.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
da....rn... your quick...lol

rohdawg11

Reaction score
The blacked out gmail works on 4.0.3 roms juussssst fine. I've been using it since day one on a few different rom installs.