App issues after jumping to 4.0.4

hradek422

Reaction score
I'm having some issues with a couple apps after the jump to .206 ICS. First of all, when I go to "My Gallery> My Library" The app force closes every time. I don't know what to do to troubleshoot that. Secondly, and most annoying to me because I have no way around it, my Speedtest.net app refuses to work. It will open, but any time I go into options or start a test, it force closes. I'm not sure how to get around it. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but to no avail. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I had a few issues with apps closing recently when i went from 206 to 208 and rooted too. Reinstalling some of my apps fixed the trouble for me. The gallery is a system app so you can't just uninstall. You could try flashing the OTA zip again. That might clear things up.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I fixed the Speedtest.net app by rebooting my phone. I had an uptime of 283 hours. I figured that was probably bad. After reboot, it worked fine. I also fixed my gallery. The reboot did not fix it, however, I long-pressed the app in my app drawer, and then moved it to the more options area. I went into app info, and force stopped the app, and then cleared data. Then I tried to go to the app and everything worked perfectly. Saves me the trouble of having to try to reflash stuff. This thread can be closed. Thanks again jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Force closing and clearing data was the right thing to try first. Don't know why it didn't occur to me. Glad you got it going.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2