APP Ignore No More Forces Your Child To Call You Back

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tired of your kids ignoring your calls? Check out this app by a mom who was frustrated enough to create a solution! The app installs on the Parents phone and the kids phone. If the kid is not responding to a call or text the parent enters the app on their phone and locks down the child's phone. All the child will be able to do at this point is call the parent back. Once the call has been placed the phone can be unlocked on the parents device. Every teen just let out a big sigh.

Via CBSNewYork

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I saw this a couple of days ago and really like the idea behind it. But what's stopping a kid from simply uninstalling the app?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know if I put this on my kids phone I'd also hide the app and make it extremely difficult to uninstall, if they managed to I'd high five them, then ground them.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Easily bypasses when the app is uninstalled or a factory reset is performed.

swc2001

Reaction score
Well I believe what Jplement said is correct, however a simple Fast boot GUI Reset or Factory Reset would probably take care of it. Most kids aren't going to be that savvy probably. But as we know some of the best Developers are Kids. I give the mom Kudos.. pretty neat.
Of course I think kids don't need cell phones of this nature anyway. I didnt have a cell phone until I was 19.... I think I turned out ok..... And that was the old Nokia that played snake. LOL
I think you must Monitor your kids use of Tech. and especially the Internet.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I saw this a couple of days ago and really like the idea behind it. But what's stopping a kid from simply uninstalling the app?

We all know that kids don't reply when busy with something else and than forget. So it would make a good reminder to instead of having to repeatedly call or text.
If that doesn't work than there is the old fashioned way of just parenting and taking there phone away for awhile.

Tonik

Reaction score
When my kid ignored me I just smacked him. Worked fine.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
When my kid ignored me I just smacked him. Worked fine.
Threaten to take the phone and mean it!
I also have another method, usage controls on Verizon.
I can turn off the phone via usage controls and there is nothing that can be done on the phone to defeat it. I have a list of numbers that can be dialed even if usage controls are in place.
No text, no internet, no calls.

The mechanism exists already, you don't need an app.

swc2001

Reaction score
Putting on Cerberus does very similar things as well.