App for accessing files from home computer? USB?

wormywyrm

Reaction score
Is there any apps for accessing files from a home computer? Ie access my home computers files via the droid.

How about if I can plug in a usb harddrive into the droid, any chance of drivers to make that work?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes to accessing your home computer, search for "phonemypc"

no to the second, the droid does not support USB hosting

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any apps for accessing files from a home computer? Ie access my home computers files via the droid.
SugarSync.

+1 on SugarSync. Been using it for about a month and it solved a number of issues in my household; accessing computer files from the Droid being the least of them.

We have four computers in the house. My wife's laptop, my desktop, and my two laptops. (Don't ask, it's a business thing.) Over the years I've come up with various backup and file transfer strategies for each system but it's all VERY confusing.

With SugarSync I simply purchased 60 gigabytes of server storage and linked each computer to the cloud. It runs in the background on each system and instantly backs up (and tracks versions) of any file created or modified on any system. And with the SugarSync app for the Droid I can search and download (or upload) files to/from the phone to the cloud.

If you have very limited needs (i.e. 2 gigs or less) the service is free. Otherwise, it's a very reasonable annual subscription. I think mine is about $100 per year.

Although I still have backup facilities on my various systems, I no longer have to worry about a fire destroying virtually all of the family's important documents, photos, etc. And I can download music, photos, etc to my phone whenever I like.

kevin1016

Reaction score
SugarSync.

+1 on SugarSync. Been using it for about a month and it solved a number of issues in my household; accessing computer files from the Droid being the least of them.

We have four computers in the house. My wife's laptop, my desktop, and my two laptops. (Don't ask, it's a business thing.) Over the years I've come up with various backup and file transfer strategies for each system but it's all VERY confusing.

With SugarSync I simply purchased 60 gigabytes of server storage and linked each computer to the cloud. It runs in the background on each system and instantly backs up (and tracks versions) of any file created or modified on any system. And with the SugarSync app for the Droid I can search and download (or upload) files to/from the phone to the cloud.

If you have very limited needs (i.e. 2 gigs or less) the service is free. Otherwise, it's a very reasonable annual subscription. I think mine is about $100 per year.

Although I still have backup facilities on my various systems, I no longer have to worry about a fire destroying virtually all of the family's important documents, photos, etc. And I can download music, photos, etc to my phone whenever I like.
Not to mention you can stream the music on your computer to your Droid. Saves lots of storage space!

Purgatory

Reaction score
or, if you want to do what you mentioned, you could use ES File Explorer (EStrongs File Explorer in the market). It is exactly like Astro, but you can also connect to your home computer, and get transfer files from it to your droid via LAN or FTP