app cube scrolling effect

tha_toadman

Reaction score
Is there any way to disable to change the app cube scrolling effect in 3.3.1? The icons are fuzzy and I can't really say that I'm much of a fan of the effect. If it's built into the ROM then oh well, I can live with it but, if there is a setting I can change somewhere, I'd like to know how/where to do that.

nathan56989

Reaction score
menu > preferences > home screen settings > transition effect

Then you can change it to none or to any of the other ones. Flip is awesome
(not flip 2 unless you like it of course) Try them all.

OP
T

tha_toadman

Reaction score
From what screen? Menu has "configure" and "settings"...no "preferences"...??

nathan56989

Reaction score
Oh sorry I guess "preferences " was changed to "configure" in 3.3.1. I'm running 3.3.0. Its under configure. If its still there I guess I wouldn't even think that would've been changed. Maybe its not there anymore. Did you try either one of them before posting. Not trying to be a jerk but you could have tried both and seen what you could've found.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nathan56989

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting 3.3.1 anyways its not on this forum anywhere. Is it still in beta or something? If you're new to this and want some advise stay away from Roms that are still in beta. The guys on here are very talented and beta versions are directed more at them mostly for testing and getting the correct feedback for the rom creators. I steer clear of them as much as possible unless the released rom is completely wacked.

OP
T

tha_toadman

Reaction score
I got it right from their website...The Ultimate Droid

No, I'm not new to this. I just want to disable this app cube scrolling effect and simply take it back to the 2D simple scrolling is all.

nathan56989

Reaction score
Ok maybe we're not on the same page. Is it the app drawer you're trying to remove the 3d scroll effect from? If so go to menu > configure> advanced settings > then scroll down to 3D scrolling and unchecked it. If its not checked and it is in 2D then that's as far as I can get you. If that's not what you're talking about its still as far as I can get you.

OP
T

tha_toadman

Reaction score
Thanks man for your patience with this.
Maybe its not there anymore.
Unfortunately, there is no "advanced settings" under "configure". What a bummer. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. That or else I'll have to downgrade back to 3.3.0 but ugh, what a hassle that would be. I think I'll just live it with for now.