Bouncing Cube Live Wallpaper

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Bouncing Cube Live Wallpaper **UPDATE v0.2**

Update: 6/1/10

I have released version 0.2 to the market! This is an exciting new release that adds settings to the wallpaper. Now you can modify the cube's thickness, the cube fill (transparency effect), whether the cube changes color when it's touched, whether the cubes color changes when it hits a wall, whether a circle is displayed around your finger when you touch the screen, and if that circle is enabled, the thickness of the circle.

Thank you for the response and downloads everyone. Your feedback and feature requests are appreciated!

Hi Everyone,

I'm proud to announce the first live wallpaper release of mine to the market. This project started off with Google's Live Wallpaper sample code, and I added some more features to it.

The wallpaper features a wireframe cube that bounces off the walls of the device, and will change directions if the wallpaper is touched behind the cube. The cube also changes perspective when swiping from one screen to another.

One thing I don't understand is, I cannot see my own live wallpaper when I search for it in the market! I put it up last night, and I thought there just might be a delay. I thought this was odd because other apps I have uploaded go live in minutes. This morning I come to find that over 125 people have already downloaded it. Why does it not show up in the market for me? I'm running 2.1 on my stock Droid.

Anyways, here is the link to "Bouncing Cube". Let me know what you think.
qrcoder.png

Last edited:

brianr0131

Reaction score
Not bad. I would change the red circle though.

What would you have happen instead? And what device are you downloading on? I'm curious because I still can't see it on Droid.

I don't know what to change it to. It's just pretty big that's what I don't like. Maybe a smaller white circle or something. Not sure. I really like how you can "throw" the cube.

I downloaded to Moto Droid. I searched Bouncing Cube on market. Top result.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
this is pretty cool. i think the red circle could be kept but maybe add some wavy effect to it, idk. is there a purpose of the red circle?

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
The red circle simple shows where a touch event happened. I personally like it because I think it looks cool when you touch an app to launch it, it circles the app.

It might be a little big, but I wanted to make sure it was big enough to see underneath a finger. If it's too small you wouldn't know it was there, because you're finger would be in the way.

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
About not being able to see the wallpaper..... I searched and found it was because I manually updated to 2.1 instead of OTA. I factory reset and now can see everything. Let me know if you have similar issues if you did a manual update vs OTA.

I am thinking this weekend to adding these features/customizing options.
  • Cube Size
  • Cube Speed
  • Cube Color Options in Menu
  • Change Cube Color by Tapping Cube

Something a am considering but not sure about yet would be the option for multiple cubes? Leave your comments below!

nickb34

Reaction score
Random album art for the cube sides would be fantastic :)

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
not seeing it via the QR CODE.

I'm glad you posted. What phone, firmware version, and did you manually update to 2.1 or OTA? I have heard there is a bug in the Droid's manual 2.1 update that makes it so you can't see certain live wallpapers. I had this issue when I tried to get my own wallpaper and had to factory reset.

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Update: 6/1/10

I have released version 0.2 to the market! This is an exciting new release that adds settings to the wallpaper. Now you can modify the cube's thickness, the cube fill (transparency effect), whether the cube changes color when it's touched, whether the cubes color changes when it hits a wall, whether a circle is displayed around your finger when you touch the screen, and if that circle is enabled, the thickness of the circle.

Thank you for the response and downloads everyone. Your feedback and feature requests are appreciated!

armeddroid

Reaction score
2.1 update 1,manual update. Huh.. idk that there was any issues seeing LWP with manual update. Ugh.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk