aosp or blur?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've noticed there a difference, but... what is it honestly I'm missing if I get rid of blur I know this is stupid but... am I just going to lose that favorites pull down widget and a few other things? I kinda like the moto GB launcher, but I can live without... so..

is there a breakdown or list of whats different? cause it it's just launcher I've got ADW ex so....

thanks guys

BOA

Reaction score
I don't have a list but some of the applications are Blur. For example, the camera, contacts (dialer), widgets that come with the phone are all blur. If you go with ASOP you will lose these apps. Someone will probably be able to provide you with more details on this. I personally like Blur and with these phones being so fast I'm not concern about speed that much. I get bored and flash different ROMs but I find myself coming back to blur as I like the use of some of the blur apps, like contacts, dialer, the fact that I can ignore a call and send a text to the caller etc.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I've noticed there a difference, but... what is it honestly I'm missing if I get rid of blur I know this is stupid but... am I just going to lose that favorites pull down widget and a few other things? I kinda like the moto GB launcher, but I can live without... so..

is there a breakdown or list of whats different? cause it it's just launcher I've got ADW ex so....

thanks guys

I've wondered the same, myself. Great question and I will anxiously await more details.

BOA

Reaction score
I just installed the Purity and I have to say I love it so far. Still setting it up. He kept the Blur dialer and contacts but the gallery is AOSP and as I said so is the camera. Give it a try and see if you like it. Fast but then again all new ROMs are fast; time will really tell if it is indeed faster.