aokp constantly losing connection

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Ever since i was on build 32 my connection Wether i was on 3G or 4G would time out randomly and would take awhile to get a connection again now I'm on build 38 and still the same issue has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it or if aokp is fixing this issue?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Ever since i was on build 32 my connection Wether i was on 3G or 4G would time out randomly and would take awhile to get a connection again now I'm on build 38 and still the same issue has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it or if aokp is fixing this issue?

Have you tried different radios?

Are you using a different kernel than what comes with AOKP? Are you undervolting, or underclocking?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ROM has nothing to do with data drops. Like the previous poster suggested, I'd look into downloading the most recent radios. If you are on the most recent, I'd suggest trying a hybrid zip.

Also something to check, do you have power saver enabled? Its not fully compatible for CDMA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I have the.same kernel that comes with aokp and no i don't have it undervolt or overvolt

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I never messed with kernals before what should i use?

SwagTech

Reaction score
I think you should try Franco Kernel. I have been using it for a few months and I have yet to experience data drops.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
SwagTech said:
I think you should try Franco Kernel. I have been using it for a few months and I have yet to experience data drops.

I never tried flashing kernals before how does that work

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Help anyone???

Have you tried any different radios? There are quite a few different radios, and some have good luck with some more than others. There are even hybrid radios, which since there is a CDMA radio and an LTE radio, you can flash a 4.0.2 radio to LTE, and 4.0.4 to CDMA.

Is this the same across multiple ROMs? The reason I ask, as theoretically there should be no reason why you should have connection problems with AOKP over any other ROM.

SwagTech

Reaction score
Droid annoymous said:
I never tried flashing kernals before how does that work

You can download Franco KERNEL from the market. Its easy, just pick which version you want and select. It will flash automatically.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
SwagTech said:
You can download Franco KERNEL from the market. Its easy, just pick which version you want and select. It will flash automatically.

When i have lte on the connection goes out after a period of time same for 3G

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
When i have lte on the connection goes out after a period of time same for 3G

Like I said before, a kernel has almost nothing to do with mobile network connection. I had a Nexus that did what you are talking about and it was only fixed with an exchange for a new device.

Last edited:

motcher41

Reaction score

Its a network issue that I have been dealing with for some time with vzw. Its not the phone. I have had 5 and three different models. They all do the same thing. Its the tower end.