AOKP Backup Making Updating a Less Time Consuming Process!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2745dc8a92ac07fdfa215217e06ba85b.png

If you have flashed AOKP then you understand the huge task it can be to go through all the available settings in Rom Control. There are settings then sub settings for the settings then of course there are color options for the sub settings settings settings. You get the picture! AOKP is the most customizable Rom today. This is great, but it can be a headache to go through all of those settings and reconfigure your Rom after a data wipe when flashing an update. Roman head of "Team Kang" has created an app that solves this problem! With AOKP Backup you can backup all of your Rom Control settings or settings in a particular category like just navbar settings, or just status bar settings ect. This could also be used to backup a rom when it is performing perfectly this way if you go in and tweak settings and it kills your phones performance you can go back to the setup when your phone was performing at its best. This Rom is easy to use and adds lots of convenience and saves you some time. If you are an AOKP faithful then you should head to the Link below. It's only $2 and well worth it if you ask me.

PlayMarket link
Via Rootzwiki

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
It's only $2 and well worth it if you ask me.
Sorry but I dont. Now I am all for Devs making a buck, and if I had time, I would make a donation to the likes of 13thAngel and BikeDude once in awhile, but in this case it's different. As a programmer myself(not android related) I understand how much work may have gone in to the app, but it is not our fault the ROM wipes our system settings every time we update. Now it is not exactly the Devs fault either. ROM(Liberty) Toolbox is another story, given all it does. Titanium back up is another story as well as it does so much more then just back up and restore, but this feels like it should be included in the ROM, not as a $2 add on.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Consider the price as a $2 one time donation. Its not really too much to ask given the time and cost that goes into what they do overall.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I dont. Now I am all for Devs making a buck, and if I had time, I would make a donation to the likes of 13thAngel and BikeDude once in awhile, but in this case it's different. As a programmer myself(not android related) I understand how much work may have gone in to the app, but it is not our fault the ROM wipes our system settings every time we update. Now it is not exactly the Devs fault either. ROM(Liberty) Toolbox is another story, given all it does. Titanium back up is another story as well as it does so much more then just back up and restore, but this feels like it should be included in the ROM, not as a $2 add on.

it more than likely will be made available for free or included in the rom later on. Roman may also make it open source later.