More Development for the Bionic this time in the form of AOKP ROM

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Feb 21, 2012.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +607
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Bionic now has its very own version of AOKP or Android Open Kang Project thanks to developer "Dhacker29" who has ported the work of TeamKang to this device for your enjoyment. For those of you unfamiliar with AOKP it is a rom by a team that has really brought lots of originality and inovation to Android development. There are so many customization options in this rom that you could seriously play around in the custom settings for hours! There are several custom features including 180 degree rotation, built in performance configurations (no need for apps like set cpu), CMLauncher/CM power menu, custom color for anything, clock color/rotation center, right , disable, battery icon/color picker, battery bar in status bar, nav bar transparency/button reorder/ color/button glow speed/, toggles in pull down, plus to many other things to list. This rom is also built on ICS 4.0.3! This is one of my favorite Roms on the GalaxyNexus and it is now available on my Bionic as well!

via Rootzwiki

[FONT=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

2. TheJester34

TheJester34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome! Development's picked up the last little bit. Hopefully it'll keep going!

3. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +248
    Current Phone Model:
    GNote2
    Nice! The underdog Bionic is on the comeback trail!

4. liftedplane

liftedplane Senior Member

Ratings:
    +141
    and here I ALMOST traded my bionic last night into best buy to get the D4, I probably still will as they are giving me 350 for it and I really want a keyboard.

still pretty nice to see development back on this, a friend of mine has a Bionic that I mod for her all the time.

5. Xtra Big Kahuna

Xtra Big Kahuna Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This ROM is pretty awesome. I just flashed it with safestrap and it is quite close to being a fully functioning rom. I will definitely be keeping up with this

6. cellphonebooster

cellphonebooster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    motoroLLA rockzz

7. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This just became my goto safestrap safe side play ROM! I have Axi0m and ICS4BIONIC backups so I can switch on the fly but as it stands, this ROM is the most STABLE and has the most functioning settings. auto screen rotate is not working for me but there is a quick toggle.

first time using nova launcher and its much better than stock launcher. I use go launcher ex on stock ROM so its nice to have the customization I'm used to now. can't wait to see what the future of ICS on the bionic brings!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums