Anyway to not have all apps on homescreen?

SirVilhelm

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I looked and couldn't find anything.

With the stock launcher is there anyway to get the standard app drawer back? I don't like having every single installed app on the home screen at all.

toastedoats

Reaction score
I put all my apps into a folder then drag the folder to the lower dock

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

With the stock launcher is there anyway to get the standard app drawer back? I don't like having every single installed app on the home screen at all.
Let me get this straight. You have every single app installed on your homescreen? What the hell kinda phone do you have?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

SirVilhelm

Reaction score

Let me get this straight. You have every single app installed on your homescreen? What the hell kinda phone do you have?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid 1. Yes, when I login into my Google account for the first time it restores all my apps. But since there is no app drawer all the app icons are on the homescreen, every single one.

toastedoats

Reaction score
You are essentially making your own app drawer with the folder trick. I keep 2 folders, one with frequent used apps that is in my dock. The second folder is on my last homescreen page and contains the apps that i dont use or rarely use like Email, Car Home, Superuser, etc

Last edited:

MJ5150

Reaction score
One of the features of MIUI is it does not use an app drawer, something that sets it apart from the other ROMs out there. This was one of the features that drew me to MIUI.

Do you like the rest of the launcher, just wishing for an app drawer?

-Mike

OP
S

SirVilhelm

Reaction score
Yea I like how this rom looks but having all the apps on the homescreen is just to much of a cluster f'ck for me. An app drawer would make this a great ROM for me. For now I will just install ADW, I know if defeats the purpose but oh well :(

gwhiz377

Reaction score
It bugged me at first not having the app drawer, but I kind of like it now. What I did is just break up all my apps into about 6 categories and put them in those folders. So now, instead of going through an entire app drawer to find something, I can just open up the folder-with like 8-15 apps in each, and get what I want. I mostly used just folders on my home screens when I used LP anyways, so it actually works out better for me.

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
It bugged me at first not having the app drawer, but I kind of like it now. What I did is just break up all my apps into about 6 categories and put them in those folders. So now, instead of going through an entire app drawer to find something, I can just open up the folder-with like 8-15 apps in each, and get what I want. I mostly used just folders on my home screens when I used LP anyways, so it actually works out better for me.

I agree...I love not having an app drawer....my apps are organized into folders on the next screen over from home...i have only my top 8 apps on top for frequent use then on home screen i plug in calculator in miui launcher....i love this rom.....

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
You could also freeze the apps you never use via titanium backup. That should hide them until they're "defrosted".

loveubuntu

Reaction score
no app drawer needed. There are a lot of ROMs with drawers, try them if you miss it so much. You can organize unlimited pages for your different categories of apps. A lot better than a drawer if you'd ask me.

Anathema

Reaction score
no app drawer needed. There are a lot of ROMs with drawers, try them if you miss it so much. You can organize unlimited pages for your different categories of apps. A lot better than a drawer if you'd ask me.

You can organize your app drawer too. Just get a home replacement thats allows you to.

I stopped using the MIUI launcher when ADW-ex came out. Loved the MIUI launcher at times, and at times hated it. I have no problems with ADW-ex. LP got old, so did the MIUI launcher in my opinion.