Anything that can open .tif files?

kev83202

Reaction score
My fax machine forwards to my email in .tif files, my storm would open them fine, but I can't find a way to do it on the droid.

OP
kev83202

kev83202

Reaction score
It's crazy with all the apps available that I can't find one that will open a .tiff file :icon_eek:

OP
kev83202

kev83202

Reaction score
Nothing yet :mad:

Documnets to go lists .tif as a supported file for the iphone but not for android.

Sadly, I'm going to have to go back to my blackberry if I can't find something.

OP
kev83202

kev83202

Reaction score
Well this is strange I've never been able to open my faxes in .tif format, but this morning I touched one the emails and a preview came up. I clicked preview and it opened.

I haven't installed any apps that I can think of that would open it? I doesn't seem to let me look through other pages though, just the first.

newdroidman

Reaction score
Droid won't open .tif files

I tried a .tif and it still didn't work. Black screen. Hoping for a solution soon.

ke0kie

Reaction score
same here, trying to review a signed lease, which is a .tif

just black screen with droid viewer and 'not an image' with astro viewer

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
How odd, I just did a test and e-mailed a tif file to both my Gmail account or pop3 account.

With the Gmail message it is previewed in the message(I attached it originally) and when I hit the preview button it will open it up and display it in the gallery and I can view, zoom it and move it around (nothing else but set as contact icon or wallpaper).

With the message in my pop3 account I can't preview it, but I can save the file to the SD card. Once saved I can tap it in Astro and it asks to open in Gallery or Camera or Astro Viewer but it doesn't open in any of those.

So it looks like the only way is to e-mail it to your Gmail account and you can open it with ""preview" button (I used the Gallery option) and view/zoom it from there.

mikedav1

Reaction score
Frustrating

I had a great viewer on my vogue. Maybe there isn't enough interest here. A universal graphic viewer is needed!:icon_ devil: