Anyone who Has had a Replacement MAXX Phone

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by JOSHSKORN, Apr 2, 2013.

1. NWRULES

NWRULES Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I called Verizon about the whole 5 days thing and the guy kind of chuckled and said, yeah you have like 2 months before they'll do anything, so I figured I'd be ok if it's postmarked by 5 days. The pretty much said don't sweat it.

2. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Well this is great (not really..sarcasm doesn't transfer online very well). I received my replacement phone. It turns out that the volume up/down buttons feel just fine, but the power button doesn't seem as raised as my bricked MAXX. It still functions, though and I don't have to press it as hard. That is not a good thing, to me. Has anyone experienced this? Should I send it back for yet another replacement? I feel like I'm given an additional 90 days, but the power button might break after 91 days.

I'm still in the process of charging it up. The power button does work when I click it, indicating how much charge I do have. I'm waiting until I'm at 100% before I try to turn it on.

3. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Sounds like the power button has already failed you then..

4. _CROW

_CROW New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did the replacement phone come with jelly bean installed?

5. NWRULES

NWRULES Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would send it back man. I'm totally with you on your frustration. This is ridiculous. I'm waiting for my third phone now. As much money that Verizon has raped me of over the last 11 years, you think they could at least send a new phone. I try to keep a good attitude about the whole thing, but after 3 phones..... Come on guys.

6. NWRULES

NWRULES Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The 3 phones I got, and returned, suprisingly had jelly bean

7. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes it did.

Thank you for your opinions. I'm going to give VZ a call.

Edit: Called Verizon. They're shipping me out a replacement for my replacement. The tech told me that she had a similar problem with her iPhone and it fell out eventually. I was also told that there was a limit as to how many replacements I could get. Anyone else know anything about that?

8. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Not sure about that? But if they keep giving out crap, I cant see how they can cap the crap. But it is VZ. I am sure if you cause a stink theyll do something for you. I think the other option they can give you is release you from the contract or have you get something new..but resign another contract. Why didn't you ask the rep when he/she told you this?

9. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I'll do that if I have to go through this again. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get the RAZR MAXX HD as a "replacement" phone? That would be nice.

10. doctorjazz

doctorjazz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, my phone started malfunctioning when I did the OTA jelly bean. I called, they sent me the "like new", I didn't like the way it looked initially(not bad, but not "like new"). Called again, they sent me another one. In the meantime, I had started setting up the 1st replacement, rooted, restored some apps. Not bad, but doesn't seem quite right, not downloading my most important database for HanDBase, other small differences. Thinking of going to the 3rd phone, but the set up (again) is such a pain...

11. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If there was a way to get my original phone to function again, I would've kept it in a second. This "Like New" replacement is a POS.

12. NWRULES

NWRULES Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So, yeah just got the 3rd replacement today....... External speaker is messed up! Can't even understand a voice when put on speaker phone when taking a call. I am getting sick of hearing that ridiculous speech about a 100 point inspection. Really? I think I can recite it by heart now. Unreal. Just got off the phone with VZ and now they say they can't sent out another phone until at least 2 phones come back. This has all taken place in a week and a half mind you and I think it takes at least 4 days to get a package to wherever is going. What's it going to take to get a new freakin phone? I don't get it.

Search tags for this page
a few moments while we prepare this application for use
does droid sim card information carry over to a new phone
droid just a few moments while we prepare this application f
if i replace my razr maxx with a new razr maxx can i usey ol
just a few minutes while we prepare this application for use

just a few moments while we prepare

just a few moments while we prepare this application for use

maxxphone 2
prepare this app for use
while we prepare this application for use