Anyone who Has had a Replacement MAXX Phone

_CROW

Reaction score
Did the replacement phone come with jelly bean installed?

NWRULES

Reaction score
I would send it back man. I'm totally with you on your frustration. This is ridiculous. I'm waiting for my third phone now. As much money that Verizon has raped me of over the last 11 years, you think they could at least send a new phone. I try to keep a good attitude about the whole thing, but after 3 phones..... Come on guys.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Did the replacement phone come with jelly bean installed?

Yes it did.

Thank you for your opinions. I'm going to give VZ a call.

Edit: Called Verizon. They're shipping me out a replacement for my replacement. The tech told me that she had a similar problem with her iPhone and it fell out eventually. I was also told that there was a limit as to how many replacements I could get. Anyone else know anything about that?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I was also told that there was a limit as to how many replacements I could get. Anyone else know anything about that?

Not sure about that? But if they keep giving out crap, I cant see how they can cap the crap. But it is VZ. I am sure if you cause a stink theyll do something for you. I think the other option they can give you is release you from the contract or have you get something new..but resign another contract. Why didn't you ask the rep when he/she told you this?

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Not sure about that? But if they keep giving out crap, I cant see how they can cap the crap. But it is VZ. I am sure if you cause a stink theyll do something for you. I think the other option they can give you is release you from the contract or have you get something new..but resign another contract. Why didn't you ask the rep when he/she told you this?

I'll do that if I have to go through this again. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get the RAZR MAXX HD as a "replacement" phone? That would be nice.

doctorjazz

Reaction score
Interesting, my phone started malfunctioning when I did the OTA jelly bean. I called, they sent me the "like new", I didn't like the way it looked initially(not bad, but not "like new"). Called again, they sent me another one. In the meantime, I had started setting up the 1st replacement, rooted, restored some apps. Not bad, but doesn't seem quite right, not downloading my most important database for HanDBase, other small differences. Thinking of going to the 3rd phone, but the set up (again) is such a pain...

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Interesting, my phone started malfunctioning when I did the OTA jelly bean. I called, they sent me the "like new", I didn't like the way it looked initially(not bad, but not "like new"). Called again, they sent me another one. In the meantime, I had started setting up the 1st replacement, rooted, restored some apps. Not bad, but doesn't seem quite right, not downloading my most important database for HanDBase, other small differences. Thinking of going to the 3rd phone, but the set up (again) is such a pain...

If there was a way to get my original phone to function again, I would've kept it in a second. This "Like New" replacement is a POS.

NWRULES

Reaction score
So, yeah just got the 3rd replacement today....... External speaker is messed up! Can't even understand a voice when put on speaker phone when taking a call. I am getting sick of hearing that ridiculous speech about a 100 point inspection. Really? I think I can recite it by heart now. Unreal. Just got off the phone with VZ and now they say they can't sent out another phone until at least 2 phones come back. This has all taken place in a week and a half mind you and I think it takes at least 4 days to get a package to wherever is going. What's it going to take to get a new freakin phone? I don't get it.

GotnFX

Reaction score
If there was a way to get my original phone to function again, I would've kept it in a second. This "Like New" replacement is a POS.

So looking back at your first post...your droid is dead? Does the phone light up when you try charging via USB to a computer? I've heard if you let it sit charging this way maybe 10 mins and then revert to an outlet, it will get back to a full charge. I've heard it takes a really long time to recharge a fully discharged battery!

Edit
Also, always use the original cords..I know one night I used my wife's blackberry charger on accident and my phone went crazy...

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
So looking back at your first post...your droid is dead? Does the phone light up when you try charging via USB to a computer? I've heard if you let it sit charging this way maybe 10 mins and then revert to an outlet, it will get back to a full charge. I've heard it takes a really long time to recharge a fully discharged battery!

Edit
Also, always use the original cords..I know one night I used my wife's blackberry charger on accident and my phone went crazy...
I've already returned my first phone. Yes, it was dead. I would eventually get nothing but a solid Motorola symbol. I think at some point I had managed to get into AP FASTBOOT but it just loaded into it, it didn't give me the menu.

I just literally turned on my second replacement, going through the setup process, now. It came at least 80% charged.

Edit: Got the Re-replacement turned on, went to settings and I've been seeing "Just a few moments while we prepare this application for use" for the last 10 minutes at least.

Edit #2: I hit the home button, went back to home and it went away. Went back to Settings and it wasn't there. BTW, the second replacement came with the official .16 JB OTA.

doctorjazz

Reaction score
I asked about an "updated" phone as long as I had to get a replacement anyway, I was told it had to be the same Razr Maxx. Didn't like the 1st one I got...didn't look "like new", though there was nothing specifically wrong, just felt cheated. I called again, they sent a 2nd replacememt (I've already partly set up the 2nd in the meantime. Oh well). This one really does seem "like new", at least in appearance. Later I'll start the whole transfer pain in the behind resetting up of it (thought Titanium Backup would make it easy, must have done something wrong, didn't get much help from it). Anyway, it did pay to try again, wasn't much push back at Verizon.