anyone use SNESoid lite? please help!

hodzih398

Reaction score
I've gone to many different sites and downloaded both androzip and astro but I just can't seem to get any ROMs to work. Anytime the download manages to succeed, andrzip fails to extract the files... what am I doing wrong??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
your roms need to be .smc files.

I don't think they will play anything else.

it's easier to just download ROMs on your PC and drop them into your Droid. That's what I do anyway

Reaction score
I've gone to many different sites and downloaded both androzip and astro but I just can't seem to get any ROMs to work. Anytime the download manages to succeed, andrzip fails to extract the files... what am I doing wrong??

The easiest way is to download the ROMs to your pc UNZIP them, then transfer them to the phones SD card.

of course their are other ways,... too,... but this is easiest

dro

Reaction score
I use this daily, all I did to make it work was download ASTRO file manager. You do not even need to unzip the files, but I wasn't able to download them without astro, said unknown file type. Anyway, get ASTRO file manager and just go to freeroms.com, they have everything and I have had nothing but good luck. Everything from there has worked great for me, I have prob about a hundred roms between NES and Genesis on my Droid from this web site. To clarify, you do not need to use ASTRO for anything, you just need to have it for your Droid to recognize the zip files and allow you to download them. Astro is really nice for managing your files though if you do not have access or time to mount your Droid.

If this doesn't help: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-games/6093-how-download-roms-your-phone-play-games.html

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
On that website, can you download anytype of games like DS, n64 etc or only the gba ones?

any.

there are ROMs for Sega Genesis, Saturn, and all the old school system I believe. I mainly use it for DS, GBA, and SNES