Anyone use a Pioneer Appradio2 with the ARLiberator app?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by JOSHSKORN, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

I literally just found this from Googling. I've been looking for a good solution to make use of my phone by mirroring it onto a double din dash system and controlling my phone from it, and also installing a backup camera as well. I don't know if this radio allows for the back up camera, I think it does according to the feature list on Amazon.

So I found this: Amazon.com: Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo with iPhone 4 App Control and 7.0" Capacitive Touch: Electronics

Through user reviews, I found this app for Android compatibility with the above device: ARLiberator.

Source: First paragraph of the user's response: CarAudioForum.com - View Single Post - Dash - The Smart Phone Car Stereo

In regards to the previous link, apparently there will be a double din dash system called Devium, where you can slip in your phone and it becomes part of your car stereo, instantly. The website supposedly has been taking pre-orders for maybe the last year, hence the initial post of the thread I posted in caraudioforum.com is almost a year old. Apparently the product still isn't out. However, for me, my MAXX's screen isn't big enough to operate while driving (err, while at a stoplight/stop sigh). Might be useful (for me) if it projects your screen onto a 7" screen.

Fellow DROID RAZR MAXX users of this forum, have any of you tried this? If so, comments on functionality?

EDIT: You have to be ROOTED to use ARLiberator. I don't know if there is a way to root in JellyBean for the MAXX yet, is there? I downloaded the early version of JellyBean, I was never rooted.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. droidreajoh

droidreajoh New Member

Does anyone use the Pioneer app radio ???? It looks pretty good to me...... OP, did you get it?
  3. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Not yet. Seems like the guy that made the ARLiberator app took a leave of absence and stopped supporting his app for a few months but he seems to be back. I'm not really sure what ARLiberator does over the stock Pioneer app to be honest. From what I know, ARLiberator is compatible with the Appradio 1 & 2, and also another model/headunit, can't remember what it was but I think it had the number 8500 in it.

I'm not looking to do this right now anyway, maybe next year.
  4. droidreajoh

droidreajoh New Member

Just got appradio 3. Going to use app radio unchained. Back up camera mounted on lic plate.
  5. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Nice. You're the first to tell me about ARUnchained. I'd only heard of ARLiberator, which I don't know how well that's supported anymore (if at all). I take it you have the DROID RAZR MAXX? How is it working with ARUnchained?
  6. droidreajoh

droidreajoh New Member

There I go not paying attention... I dont have maxx, Im using galaxy s3
  7. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

The S3 runs like 20% faster I think, not much of a difference. I could probably overclock my maxx with an app and get nearly the same results. Yes, I'll drain my battery faster on a battery that's virtually on its last leg but so what. I think it'll work.
Search tags for this page
appradio 2 arliberator
appradio 2 arliberator review
appradio 2 review arliberator

arliberator

arliberator and droid bionic
arliberator droid bionic
arliberator droid x
arliberator for iphone
arliberator forum
arliberator iphone
arliberator on samsung s3