Anyone Tried Skullcandy Ink'd's?

Kitsune205

Reaction score
I bought though headphone for my MP3 Player (Soon to be obsolete to me!) and for $10 the first time and $12.99 the second time (Usually $17 at Meijer and $20 at FYE) they're the best headphones I've ever bought. I'm big on bass and that's what they have A LOT of. The mids and high are definitely not there but hey it sounds great to me nonetheless. In any case, has anyone tried them with their Droid?

DaHarder

Reaction score
I've 'auditioned' several of Skullcandy's products, finding them far too unbalanced sounding for my taste, but if you're happy - that's a good thing.​

skidemn

Reaction score
I bought though headphone for my MP3 Player (Soon to be obsolete to me!) and for $10 the first time and $12.99 the second time (Usually $17 at Meijer and $20 at FYE) they're the best headphones I've ever bought. I'm big on bass and that's what they have A LOT of. The mids and high are definitely not there but hey it sounds great to me nonetheless. In any case, has anyone tried them with their Droid?

I have a set that I bought for $20 when I forgot my others for a workout. They can be found everywhere on sale for about $10 now and that's about what they're worth... Well, at least they fit my ears without too much discomfort, but if you want something that sounds good, buy something else.

raven1911

Reaction score
Tried them and they are cheap. didn't like the sound at all either. I bought Seinnheisers and have never been so happy. Excellent sound and very affordable.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Ever hear the saying "You get what you pay for?" That is exactly what I think about skullcandy. I've tried acouple of their products both for music and gaming and Im not impressed at all... Unbalanced sounds, interferences, etc... Ill stay with my Denons for music and Titans for gaming.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I got a pair for Christmas. I plugged them into my Droid and I didn't like the sound much. I find the bass needs to be boosted a bit on the Droid and Sony headphones do that for me. I used my iPod and fitted the SkullCandy a bit tighter and the sound was better. I do like them in that they are good at blocking other sounds. I have used a different pair of SkullCandy under a tight helmet and they work really well for that - the helmet keeps them secure.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Skullcandy FMJ's 11mm driver for $24 on Amazon (now they are back to $70) and they sound great. I had some INK'ds and these are way better. Very deep bass and clean sound. Great for the Droid (might shake your brain a bit though....they go down to 16 hz).

HiGloss

Reaction score
I bought a pair of those, used them once, and they've been in the bottom of my gym bag since. I thought they we're horrible.

I'm currently using my v2 Zune headphones, they sound amazing.

don_813

Reaction score
i just checked slickdeals.net and skullcandy is offering 75-80 percent off everything. The site is super slow but if u get in, these are some good headphones, ive been trying for the last 10 mins to checkout

konstructa

Reaction score
Don't let the name and price fool you, skullcandy makes REALLY good ear buds. The INK'd buds sound very good but don't fit my ears right .... I may get these "Skullcandy Titan"..

thathxckid

Reaction score
i have the skull candy dj headphones forgot what they are called they where $57 i love them but they canceled outside sounds.

Banyon

Reaction score
Do they have drivers in them? I recently found a bargain bin miracle pair of buds that have 10 mm drivers in them and they sound better than ANY buds I've ever tried. I only paid $5 for them and they put all the $30-$70 ear buds I've tried to shame.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I usually dislike earbuds after about 20 minutes. I got a descent pair of generic ones that came with an accessory budle I bought, but the cord is too short to reach my pocket at the gym.
I have a pair of Radio Shack (optimus maybe?) PRO-35s that are probably 9 years old. I tried to see if they are still available. I found a couple links to people talking about them, but no pictures. Apparently the current ones have an inline volume control. Mine just have a mute switch.
The headband swivels so it can be worn on top, or behind your head. I wear mine behind, which makes flipping one side up to hear someone simple.

They have the titanium drivers and all that. Back when I bought them they were hot stuff, now I believe it's just the standard.

I also pop the speakers off the headband and put them inside those cheap shooting earmuffs that wal-mart sells. I use this when I mow the grass. The muff drown the mower out enough that I can listen at a comfortable volume.