Anyone still has ICS for wifi problem with JB?

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Mr_Wolf, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all!
    Since I've updated to JB stock rom, I can't connect to some routers: it remains frozen on "connecting".
    I've found this solution:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-general-discussion/239333-complete-jellybean-thread-32.html#post2404745
    but replacing the wpa_supplicant file with that one solved my problem for example with my router at home, but it still gives me problems with other routers, so that I have to "switch" between the two wpa_supplicant, and it's very annoying.

So, if someone still has ICS stock rom and has not updated to JB yet, could be so kind to post the wpa_supplicant file? I'd like to try if this could definitely solve the wifi problem.

The file is in /system/bin and you need to be root to get it and to use a file manager which allows to access system files, like "File Manager" or "ES File Explorer" from Google Play.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, if someone is interested, I extracted the wpa_supplicant from the ICS rom downloaded from here (4.0.4):
    Droid-Developers SBF
    It took me some times to understand how to do; eventually, I did it mounting the system.img file under Linux.

The bad news is: it doesn't work... :icon_ cry:
    That is: I replaced the original wpa_supplicant with the one I extracted, and still it remains on "connecting...". I don't know, I thougth it'd work. I just can think the wpa_supplicant from ICS is not the only file to replace, that is: there's something else involved in the problem.

Search tags for this page
adhoc wpa supplicant android jellybean
download wifi supplicant for android ics
download wpa supplicant 4.0.4 ics
ics for droid x2
jelly bean adhoc support wpa supplicant
wpa supplicant 4.0.4
wpa supplicant adhoc jb
wpa supplicant android asli

wpa supplicant for s3

wpa supplicant work on jb