Anyone notice the screen doesn't get dirty? Or am I nuts?

wil318466

Reaction score
I instinctively "wipe" my phone quite often, developed this habit when I owed my fascinate. Has anyone noticed that the Nexus screen doesn't get nearly as dirty?

Nothing has changed in my cleanliness habits, but it seems the oil or dirt or whatever from my hands just doesn't show up on the screen. Am I the only person noticing this?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine smudges pretty good but I can't ever tell unless it's off. Haven't noticed it being better or worse than my OG in terms of staying smudge free.

ccolston

Reaction score
I instinctively "wipe" my phone quite often, developed this habit when I owed my fascinate. Has anyone noticed that the Nexus screen doesn't get nearly as dirty?

Nothing has changed in my cleanliness habits, but it seems the oil or dirt or whatever from my hands just doesn't show up on the screen. Am I the only person noticing this?

I noticed it too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

rjsurfer

Reaction score

Get out of my head...I was just thinking this screen doesn't get dirty compared to my OG DRoid....wonder why?

Ron W.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
The screen is awesome! It doesn't get dirty, and all it takes is a little wipe and you're good as new. I can wipe my butt with this and I bet I wouldn't get anything on it.

I'm not going to try though.

captdroid

Reaction score
The screen is awesome! It doesn't get dirty, and all it takes is a little wipe and you're good as new. I can wipe my butt with this and I bet I wouldn't get anything on it.

I'm not going to try though.

eww... hadn't thought of trying to wipe my butt with my GN... nah I will stick with TP... lol :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine smudges. hopefully my screen protector comes in today....usps is outside hopefully it's there.

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I'm using the screen protector they sold me at Verizon and it's horribly smudgy :frown: Do you think it's the screen protectors fault?

Is there brand OK or should I get another brand? I used their brand before and it was fine.

I've been noticing it's been much WORSE than my prior phone but then again this screen is a lot bigger to see more smudges.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm using the screen protector they sold me at Verizon and it's horribly smudgy :frown: Do you think it's the screen protectors fault?

Is there brand OK or should I get another brand? I used their brand before and it was fine.

I've been noticing it's been much WORSE than my prior phone but then again this screen is a lot bigger to see more smudges.
Verizon branded screen protectors do not prevent fingerprints from my experience with my OG droid. Never going with those cheap things again

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I don't know but I'm using the anti-glare screen protectors from Verizon and it's probably the best screen protector I've used to date.

Snow02

Reaction score
Yep. This screen resists smudges much, much better than any other I've used. I thought maybe it was my imagination.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I always thought the Gorilla Glass on my OG Droid had some coating that made it almost impossible to keep it clean and smudge free. Even when using Windex on the darn screen it was hard to make it perfectly clean, not so with the Nexus. A quick wipe with a clean cloth and it's CLEAN.

Ron W.

JonCor2577

Reaction score
I've noticed it too. The smudges seem to dry up and go away. Totally awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It probably has an oleophobic coating on the glass like the iPhone does.