Motorola Droid Dies

OP
D

DeathfireD

Reaction score
So it sounds like a app/software issue after all, huh?

Slight update for me. I uninstalled the Flight Director lite (game) yesterday and haven't experienced the dreaded black screen of death again (although it's only happened to me twice so far). I also noticed my battery lasted a bit longer then normal...not exactly sure why since Flight Director lite was almost never played lol.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Uninstall ATK.

I strongly recommend Astro File Managers task killer (automatically knows what you shouldn't kill and what you should)

I have Astro installed and I don't see "Astro File Managers task killer."
Where do I find it?

Thanks
Monty

listenman20

Reaction score
open astro, press menu, select tools, select process manager, press menu, select kill all.

OP
D

DeathfireD

Reaction score
open astro, press menu, select tools, select process manager, press menu, select kill all.

Keep in mind when you press "kill all" it also kills the Droid system processes and the alarm clock by default. You should definitely put these processes in your ignore list.

I installed this last night since you guys suggested it over ATK. I killed everything then started all the apps that I wanted to run in the background but ended up finding out even though I started them, they where not really running in the background. How do I know this? Becuse the alarm did not go off this morning even though I had it open lol. I had to restart the droid in order to get the main system processes along with the alarm clock to even work again. I think this is why many people suggest not to use task killers lol.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score

Keep in mind when you press "kill all" it also kills the Droid system processes and the alarm clock by default. You should definitely put these processes in your ignore list.

I installed this last night since you guys suggested it over ATK. I killed everything then started all the apps that I wanted to run in the background but ended up finding out even though I started them, they where not really running in the background. How do I know this? Becuse the alarm did not go off this morning even though I had it open lol. I had to restart the droid in order to get the main system processes along with the alarm clock to even work again. I think this is why many people suggest not to use task killers lol.

not true. i just used the astro killer. did all apps. and my alarm was on. i tested it by setting it one minute ahead and sure enough it went off

:p

OP
D

DeathfireD

Reaction score
Weird, I just tried again after removing alarm clock from my ignore list and the alarm clock did not come back nor could I force it to run in the background lol.