Anyone have a lack of correct gps?

texazranger09

Reaction score
Just what the title says, mine has me in a neighboring town about 7 miles away consistently.

I'm in upstate ny btw

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

awnree1

Reaction score
GPS also incorrect

Hi the GPS on my Thunderbolt is also incorrect. It always shows me further West than I really am. Do you know if there is a way to correct this?

bernardino5

Reaction score
Just double check ur GPS is on believe it or not some people expect accurate readings with there GPS off not gonna happen there's also an app in market called "GPS STATUS" or something like that it allows u to reset ur GPS check it out if nothing else works it's free to.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gpigate

Reaction score
the gps on the thunderbolt is HORRIBLE. I have been trying to get it to work correctly from day 1 and never have. It is just flat out unusable.

gpigate

Reaction score
the gps on the thunderbolt is HORRIBLE. I have been trying to get it to work correctly from day 1 and never have. It is just flat out unusable.

works perfectly for me

has it always? no clue what to do with mine. I have read other threads where a factory reset worked, tried that, no dice. Have read threads where certain options regarding cell tower/google mode etc were turned off. Tried that, no dice.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

works perfectly for me

has it always? no clue what to do with mine. I have read other threads where a factory reset worked, tried that, no dice. Have read threads where certain options regarding cell tower/google mode etc were turned off. Tried that, no dice.

well, i've only owned this phone less than a week, lol. I also installed the MR2 update when I got it. but the few times I've used gps/nav I've had no issues.

My only issue with the phone is that it appears to reboot every 24-30 hours, even on MR2. I have a feeling the update that will be sent out OTA will not be what was leaked; as in fact there was a leak of a newer radio (2.5).

bernardino5

Reaction score
The update in late June should fix it let's hope it won't get postponed.

dormaned

Reaction score
GPS fix

Had a few issues with my GPS "locking" until I downloaded the
"GPS Status and Toolbox" from the Android Store.

One you have the App loaded, go to Tools -- manage A-GPS state --Reset

Then Tools -- manage A-GPS state -- Download.

This cleared up all lock and location problems I had with the Google Maps app.
Hope this helps.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Had a few issues with my GPS "locking" until I downloaded the
"GPS Status and Toolbox" from the Android Store.

One you have the App loaded, go to Tools -- manage A-GPS state --Reset

Then Tools -- manage A-GPS state -- Download.

This cleared up all lock and location problems I had with the Google Maps app.
Hope this helps.

Thas exactly the process i posted on the link above.

gpigate

Reaction score
Just tried that. It pinpoints ne now on Google maps. The real test will be when I take it for a run. That has been the biggest frustration, not being able to use the gps with my running apps etc.