Anyone get that new Trident Aegus case?

Beka27

Reaction score
It looks thinner than the cyclops and kraken.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mumfrey

Reaction score
just ordered the aegus and kraken. will let you know when i get them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Please keep me updated bro. I'm curious to see the size comparison with the aegis and "naked" DX so if you can take pic, even better!

mumfrey

Reaction score
got the aegus and kraken today. don't like the aegus at all, just doesn't fit well. the kraken is awesome, though. i know you're interested in the aegus, so the long and short of it is that i just couldnt get it to fit properly. it's a different design in the fact that the soft rubber fits against the phone and a hard plastic insert goes over that. sounded good but it just lends itself to fit issues when placing the hard plastic over the soft. it didnt add as much bulk to the phone as the kraken but the kraken is just a much more solid fit and design. sorry, i personally dont recommend the aegus.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Damn, I was thinking about getting that case even though it doesn't have a builtin screen protector (I like them more than stick-on). So, I may be picking up the Seido Surface case instead.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Seidio Surface and the Trident Aegis yesterday...got a great deal on both. They will be here in a few days, and I will see which I prefer.
I really like my Defender case, but hate the silicone always peeling off when I put the phone in my pocket.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I got my Trident in today. It is a decent case. I renewed my hatred of stick-on screen protectors though.

The case is a bit thinner than my previous Otterbox Defender. It has a nice feel to it, and the hard sell backing allows the phone/case to smoothly slide in/out of my pocket. The smooth backing does allow the phone to slide on other surfaces though.

The silicone is smooth and stiffer than the Defender silicone. It is more of a rubber texture. The phone is definitely lighter and feels great. If I could get the last two bubbles out of the screen I would be ecstatic.

All in all, a great case. It seems to offer more than adequate protection, yet is lightweight. All ports are covered but still easily accessible. The physical buttons are uncovered, so dust could get in and around them.
No pics, as my DX is my only camera.

Reaction score
I gave up looking for the perfect case............LOL

I have the Kraken, Cyclops, Defender, and Incipio......and I already got rid of the Commuter.

Kraken was way too big, Incipio is great in the pocket, and Cyclops and Defender are almost identical with the Cyclops offering better dust protection.

Right now I'm rocking the black/black Cyclops.........who knows what's waiting in the wings next.

Steve

Rsmin

Reaction score
I gave up looking for the perfect case............LOL

I have the Kraken, Cyclops, Defender, and Incipio......and I already got rid of the Commuter.

Kraken was way too big, Incipio is great in the pocket, and Cyclops and Defender are almost identical with the Cyclops offering better dust protection.

Right now I'm rocking the black/black Cyclops.........who knows what's waiting in the wings next.

Steve

Steve,

Do you know if the Cyclops can handle the Motorola extended battery (bh6x), especially if you leave the battery door off?

Thanks

jonathon1289

Reaction score
The Motorola extended battery from verizon fits in the Aegis case even using the extended battery cover. So I would *assume* that it fits the Cyclops, but hopefully someone with the case can let you know.

Rsmin

Reaction score
I am using the cyclops case and have the extended battery from verizon in.

Jungle King,

How do you like the Cyclops? I heard there were issues with the case slipping and not fitting well when sliding in and out of pants pockets. It is a great looking case. I am just trying to decide between the Kraken, Cyclops, and Electra.... I just can't make my mind up.

Thanks for the info about the extended battery.

Reaction score
Honestly, I can see why some may have that problem because the rubber casing seems to be a but loose on the sides but for me it fits well. I have not had any issues with taking it in and out of my pocket. I have only had it for about a week.

Sent from my DROIDX Lib GBv.09 using DroidForums