anyone figured out speed dial?

thevorlon

Reaction score
no matter what I do my phone will not "save" any speed dial information I try to set to a contacts number. anyone else have this? anyone figured it out?

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
Try downloading the app "dialer one" its way better than the stock dialer and the speed dial is simple to set up. Also, the number keys have the letters on them and you can use T9 style input to quickly bring up contacts

JNarowitz

Reaction score
Speed dial

I had to call verizon and they had me take my eris back to factory settings and it works fine now.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I cant figure it on dialer one also .. says goto context menu in contacts to ad but dont see anything..

edward1965

Reaction score
When you sent it back to factory settings did you loose everything?

sweetpegster

Reaction score
I had this issue also after updating to the newest version. Verizon had me also do a factory reset and it works fine now. and Yeap I did loose everything that wasnt on my card..

pirate_queen71

Reaction score
Same Issue

I had the same issue after upgrading. I couldn't get the speed dials to save. I called tech support and had to reset to factory settings.

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
My speed dial doesn't work either.
What are the steps to reset back to factory?

pirate_queen71

Reaction score
Take out your SD card.
Go to Settings - Privacy - The Factory data reset.

You will lose anything not saved to your SD card so any apps will need to be downloaded again and any customizations will need to be redone.

After the Factory data reset is complete you need to program your Phone *228, then press 1. Once programming is complete you can then continue with the setup process.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My speed dial doesn't work either.
What are the steps to reset back to factory?

Take out your SD card.
Go to Settings - Privacy - The Factory data reset.

You will lose anything not saved to your SD card so any apps will need to be downloaded again and any customizations will need to be redone.

After the Factory data reset is complete you need to program your Phone *228, then press 1. Once programming is complete you can then continue with the setup process.

You can also use Astro File Manager to back-up your apps to SD, then you can reinstall them from the SD card (after you download and install Astro following the reset).

mcinvaille

Reaction score
There is another option for speed dials but it uses screen space. Long press on the desktop, choose shortcuts, choose direct dial, and then select from your contacts. If you have a picture of that contact that is how it is displayed for the shortcut. I sue it because I have a single page for all of my dialable contacts and the folks I text the most.

boonerat

Reaction score
speed dial solution

I read this on another forum and it works. You will have to do a hard reset to get your speed dial to work after the upgrade to 2.1. I did it and it works like a charm :)

fuzzyb3

Reaction score
Arrrrrg! I was so excited that the over the air update kept all my stuff, and now I have to factory reset anyway. This is a PHONE first... silly me to expect phone functions to work automatically!

r1nstang

Reaction score
I cant figure it on dialer one also .. says goto context menu in contacts to ad but dont see anything..

just open up dialer one. start typing in the name or number of the person....like your gonna call them....when their name pops up on the top screen...press and hold until the pop up window shows up "save as speed dial" now just press and hold whatever button you programmed them to

OP
T

thevorlon

Reaction score
ok I gave in and did the system restore. however I didn't feel like going through all the customization crap again so I bought the "MyBackUP PRO" app and boy am I glad I did. everything works great now. speed dial. no more weird "silent" calls and I'd swear it fixed my whole google/facebook contacts issues. So my advice: stay away from separate dial apps- get mybackuppro (it does everything for you) and do the system restore. worth whatever hassle you think it might be.