Anyone else having notification issues?

alfie623

Reaction score
I'm new to Droid, came here from a BB Storm. I'm used to having a different notification (ringtone) for each email account, text message or IM message. From everything I've read I can do this but for some reason it just won't work.

I've set up the proper files on the SD card. Media/Audio/Ringtones, Notification, Alarms. I copied my .wav files into each of the files. I can (and have) set up a custom ringtone for the phone itself but when I try to set up a custom notification for my various email accounts the tones that I've loaded are not visible in the menu. The only tones that I get to choose from are the 8 or so factory installed tunes.

I contacted Motorola Tech Support yesterday and wene through a ton of things with them that amounted to nothing. Has anyone else tried this or had this problem? Were you able to fix it and if so, how?

Aimers69

Reaction score
i to came from the storm and loved that each person had there own text message sound...yet i don't know how to do that on my droid2...how are you supposed to do it

jj2palmer

Reaction score
same issue...sort of

I have a Droid 2; can SOMEONE PLEASE tell me how to silence the notifications for emails and facebook but just have it notify me for text messages? Because I have emails from 3 different sources and facebook, it's making a sound every 30 seconds. All the notifications are linked and I can change the sounds but not for each one, just as you all have said, and I can't silence them separately. It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any answers???
Thanks, jj2

nuclearbier

Reaction score
i to came from the storm and loved that each person had there own text message sound...yet i don't know how to do that on my droid2...how are you supposed to do it

I use Handcent to set different txt msg tones for different contacts. Works great on my D2.

donmonaco

Reaction score
Number of notification rings

I know about setting different ringers. My office email notification all of a sudden went from one notification rings to 4...and I didn't change anything. Can't find where to manage the NUMBER of notifications.

Any help:?

DeniseSays

Reaction score
To use mp3 and non-.wav clips for notifications and whatnot, get Rings Extended. Much easier then doing all the folders, conversions, etc etc.

To set individual text tones for contacts - I use Ringo Lite. very simple.

[I miss my BB like crazy when it comes to this, sound profiles, etc. boo for having to adjust!]

jj2palmer

Reaction score
notification

Thanks! Will pass this on to my husband; wish I had gotten this before I went through all the folders, conversions, etc. And I agree about the BB in this respect--creating your own personal profile for notifications, texts, etc. was so much easier. I was also never embarrassed in a business meeting with my phone yelling "DROID" from my purse!