Any suggestions for FM transmitter?

MindyB

Reaction score
I just got my droid and am leaving for a road trip on Sunday. Any suggestions for a transmitter that I could get at Best Buy since it would be easy and quick? Preferably one that isn't too expensive. Thanks.

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend any money, there is a radio app called iheartradio and therr are others as well hope ithis helps

OP
M

MindyB

Reaction score
Thanks!! I'll check this stuff out.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
he wants a transmitter tho, not a radio playing app

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just got my droid and am leaving for a road trip on Sunday. Any suggestions for a transmitter that I could get at Best Buy since it would be easy and quick? Preferably one that isn't too expensive. Thanks.

Hi, Mindy--Your road trip is probably over and the point moot, but I just posted about this in another thread:

Last Sunday we were in the drugstore and walked past their "as seen on TV" stuff and I saw this "Jupiter Jack" gadget that is supposed to help you talk hands-free in the car. Neither of us use cells while we're driving, but I wondered if this would work for listening to the phone media. Sure enough, it works fine! It plugs into the headphone jack of the Droid using an adapter that comes with it (several adapters are included), and you can set it to one of two frequencies, 99.3 or another which is 101...102 something (don't recall since the 99.3 worked perfectly in our area). The best part is that the thing only costs $10, comes with a battery already, and the one we bought came with a coupon to get three free batteries for it for the price of postage.

There are some really bad reviews of this gadget, and some good ones, too. We tried it out in the parking lot of the store we bought it at (CVS), so that if it didn't work, we could have just returned it immediately.

Reaction score
I'm still wondering if I can use the T505 to play music through the radio, but when a call comes switch to a bluetooth earpiece. I don't want everyone else int he car having to listen to my calls, and I don't want to have to take the phone out of the holder in order to answer and turn the bluetooth off.

Anybody got a solution for me?

OP
M

MindyB

Reaction score
So I got the T505 and it works great. Thanks!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
don't laugh... jupiter jack works pretty well for fm transmission from phone to car speakers...

and you can get it for dirt cheap