Any rom with sim card function?

Soap

Reaction score
I wanna refresh my D2G with some rom because it sometimes seems odd and not smooth. Since I am not in US, I also got a unlock code and my D2G was unlocked successfully.

If there is any new rom that supports sim card function, need I unlock my D2G again after installing it?:greendroid:

chuoitieu

Reaction score
Fisson 2.4.3, the best so far

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
S

Soap

Reaction score
more...

So, that rom supports sim card function? I remember one guy said, "be cautious".
what I really want to know is that do I need to re-enter my sim unlock code if I flash my rom? I lost my code....:icon_eek:

Nematocys

Reaction score
You shouldn't need to re-enter the sim unlock code if you use the Fission ROM. I put this ROM on my phone just this morning and my SIM card functioned properly on the network I use here in Afghanistan.

A word to the wise tho....ensure that you have all your contacts backed up either through google sync or Ti backups or something.

That was a hard lesson learned for me...didn't do it before flashing this new ROM.

OP
S

Soap

Reaction score
really? that sounds exciting.... i want to know which rom you put because the rom i found does not support sim card function, which means i can not, like you, use my phone properly outside US.....
and i'm prepared to flash my rom! really need one to refresh my d2g. thanks for reminding me backing up contacts.

leobg

Reaction score
The only custom rom is Fission 2.4.3 so far. You have no other choice. It works fine in GSM mode. You will not need to unlock the phone anymore. Once it is unlocked, it doesn't matter what ROM you put, SIM will remain unlocked. But be sure you have PIN function disabled, as I believe Fission cannot handle PIN codes yet.

OP
S

Soap

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it. but still somethings, Fission 2.4.3 doesn't support sim card function. what is sim card function on earth! does it mean a phone flashed fission roms cant use sim card to make a call or send SMSs in GSM? besides, what is pin function, does it mean I can set sim card passwords or stuff like that.. really need some help and i'm just a novice.

Reaction score
There's an add on for Fission that allows sim card function. Do at least a LITTLE searching on your own before bumping your own thread. You download it in fission rom manager, after you have fission installed.

OP
S

Soap

Reaction score
Sorry...I got it. thank you anyway.

Reaction score
Sorry...I got it. thank you anyway.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a dick, but there's a whole thread dedicated to Fission, with answers to pretty much every question about it. Plus tons of other threads like this. Just figured it would be quicker to find an answer by searching than waiting a week and bumping a post, hoping someone would provide it for you.