Any good sports apps?

Zac7

Reaction score
I have noticed that every sports app is terrible. The biggest problem with all the sports apps is it seems like every update is so far behind. I have tried scoreboard, sportstap, live football scores. I just am starting to think there is an issue with the OS not allowing the widgets to update.

LordKastle

Reaction score
More likely the coding of the apps.

The apps must be relying on relaying the information from another source. Since the apps are all 3rd party there will always be a lag in some form.

I haven't tried any myself, but as you can see some endorse various sports apps in here and others do not. I still find myself going to the actual websites because if I am checking I need it to be accurate to the point. ESPN.com/Covers.com/Cbs.Sportsline.com/Livescore.com

LiveScore.com is the best for soccer/tennis that you'll find on the Internet.

Last edited:

bitter

Reaction score
I wish ESPN would, the one that iPhone has is awesome!

Also, I use sportstap myself, and have never had any problems with it.

pilot25

Reaction score

Did you use it last night with the Yanks - Sox.. Lag was 15 minutes

bitter

Reaction score

Did you use it last night with the Yanks - Sox.. Lag was 15 minutes

Okay, now that you mention it, I did have a ***** of a time last night. I even checked my notifications when they were playing. I use it for the Celtics mainly, and that seems to work perfect for me. Football works too. I don't know what it is with baseball.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I use sportstap as well. I like that you can put your favorites in there... but as others have said, its WAY laggy. Updates seem totally random. I find myself refreshing constantly....

Zargon

Reaction score
I use sportstap as well. I like that you can put your favorites in there... but as others have said, its WAY laggy. Updates seem totally random. I find myself refreshing constantly....

The Duke/WV game on Saturday still showed no score, at halftime. I kept refreshing, reinstalled it, no go. That's unacceptable. The problem is, I don't think there is a better app right now.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I have a couple shortcuts on my home screen to the various parts of the ESPN site that I need. Works OK.

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
I use the USA Today App scores always up to date

They need to get us a good sports App as over last 48 hours i have tryed a handful of them and they all Suck

Please let ESPN build us one :)

R

Romple

I haven't really noticed much lag w/ sportstap. Or maybe I'm just so accustomed to these things taking forever sometimes that I don't think it's bad? Conditioned to accept mediocrity? :-(

btw on my first STi (2010)... last car was a built 2003 Bugeye :-D yay for subies!