Any app to activate gps when connected to car dock?

tu3218

Reaction score
Does anyone know if an app like this exists? I like to keep my gps turned off to help save battery life, and having a app that automatically turns it on when connected and off when disconnected would be very useful.

TopJo

Reaction score
Setting Profiles is the best app anything like that.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
+1 for setting profiles. It is awesome.

Must agree. Just discovered this myself. Perfect for customizing how you want settings when you dock in either the car or multimedia stations. Love how that can be automated. The widget has earned a spot on my main home screen.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Does anyone know if an app like this exists? I like to keep my gps turned off to help save battery life, and having a app that automatically turns it on when connected and off when disconnected would be very useful.

Just wanted to point out that there is no real need to do this. GPS is different from wifi and Bluetooth, in that it is not constantly on and looking for a connection. GPS is only on and using the battery when the satellite icon is in your notification tray. Outside of an app you might have that needs to occasionally check your location, or actively using a GPS related app, it should not be on and thus is no detriment to battery life. I've tested my phone with it off and there is no noticeable battery life change compared to keeping it always on (which I do, and easily get 14+ hours on a charge).

Last edited: