DockAwake! Dock Manager

qoncept

Reaction score
I have 2 Seidio desktop docks and a car dock and I've been manually changing settings and running the apps I want (usually Pandora). I thought I'd search through the market for an app that would perform different actions depending on which Bluetooth device it saw, but I found something better. I have no connection to the app, just very happy with it.

DockAwake has a list of actions for both car and desktop docks. It will toggle your keyguard, bluetooth, wifi and call mode (BT, speaker, normal), let you choose a screen timeout, and launch an app you choose.

The best part for me is that I can leave BT off to save power, but when I dock it in my car it will turn it on to connect to my stereo and automatically launch Pandora. All I need to do is slide it in the dock and my music will start playing. The only thing the app is missing, in my mind, is a toggle for GPS.

Reks

Reaction score
I have 2 Seidio desktop docks and a car dock and I've been manually changing settings and running the apps I want (usually Pandora). I thought I'd search through the market for an app that would perform different actions depending on which Bluetooth device it saw, but I found something better. I have no connection to the app, just very happy with it.

DockAwake has a list of actions for both car and desktop docks. It will toggle your keyguard, bluetooth, wifi and call mode (BT, speaker, normal), let you choose a screen timeout, and launch an app you choose.

The best part for me is that I can leave BT off to save power, but when I dock it in my car it will turn it on to connect to my stereo and automatically launch Pandora. All I need to do is slide it in the dock and my music will start playing. The only thing the app is missing, in my mind, is a toggle for GPS.

great find, was looking for something just like this. thanks

quick question, does it allow notification and ringtone volume settings?

Last edited:

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I can shed some light on this. I've had DockAwake for about a month now. It still has some issues, mainly that when it disables the keyguard, sometimes it doesn't re-enable it properly when undocking. This requires a reboot to bring it back. Kind of a pain. And no, Dock Awake does not change volume settings. It only changes display timeout, keyguard, bluetooth, wifi, and call mode. It can launch an app of your choosing when docking. Last week, I downloaded the app called "Setting Profiles." There is a free lite version and a full version for $2.95. I LOVE this app so far. It is a replacement for Locale AND DockAwake. You can make a bunch of profiles that toggle: wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, silent mode, ringer volume (with separate ringer and notification volumes!) media volume, phone volume, vibrate, ringtones, brightness, screen timeout, auto-sync, and GPS (DockAwake does not do GPS). Then you can set up rules based upon time period, location, calendar keywords, battery (including charging!), BT connected, and Docking State. These rules can change to a profile and/or start an app (or both). It's not buggy like Locale, I love it. The lite version allows for only one rule, so I bought the full. But the lite gave me a great look into the app. I'm surprised there's not more hype on this app, I haven't had a problem with it yet. It even has a Widget to quickly perform manual profile changes if desired. Sorry for the long post, but it's been my best download so far. Good luck.

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
What does the full version of Settings Profile do that the lite version doesn't?

Balthazar

Reaction score
Great find giant25! Exactly what I was looking for to replace Locale. Dock Awake was a nice try, but I am liking Setting Profiles better.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
Yep, I tried Settings Profiles today and I like it a lot, too. The only thing it's missing is the call mode that DockAwake has, but that's not really important to me.

Jer

Reaction score
I need something that will allow for separate profile settings in the car dock and home dock that will enable both BT and GPS when in the car dock then disable both when removed. I also need it to silence the phone when in the home dock. Seems basic enough but I can't seem to find an app that will do all of this reliably. Toggle Settings and the DockAwake both don't seem to offer GPS control. The search continues...

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Jer,
The app you want is "Setting Profiles" by Probeez, not Toggle Settings. Setting Profiles will do everything you just mentioned perfectly. I have mine set up in a similar fashion. It turns on BT and GPS right now when I car dock it, but I don't have a home dock. But you can set it up to turn off BT and GPS when in the home dock. And silencing the phone for a profile is no prob. You'll have to buy the full for 2.95 like I mentioned before, since it sounds like you'll want more than one rule. Good luck.

Jer

Reaction score
Jer,
The app you want is "Setting Profiles" by Probeez, not Toggle Settings. Setting Profiles will do everything you just mentioned perfectly. I have mine set up in a similar fashion. It turns on BT and GPS right now when I car dock it, but I don't have a home dock. But you can set it up to turn off BT and GPS when in the home dock. And silencing the phone for a profile is no prob. You'll have to buy the full for 2.95 like I mentioned before, since it sounds like you'll want more than one rule. Good luck.

Actually, right after I posted that I installed Setting Profiles after reading an earlier post. The free version gives you one free rule and it turns out this is all I really need. Toggle Settings worked fine but for some reason quit working for the car dock and BT specifically. So, I installed the free version of Setting Profiles and set up a car profile and it works perfectly. Toggle Settings still handles all my other profiles so between the two I'm just fine. The only thing I'm not getting is GPS for the car dock but that's going to have to be something I need to decide... if the GPS function is worth $3 but probably not since everything else works fine. Thanks for the information though. I'm not about 92% covered with my needs. :icon_ banana: