1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ANT+ for Android?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by andulinde, Mar 10, 2010.

1. andulinde

andulinde New Member

Until I got my Droid, I was an iPod+Garmin runner. I'd like to be able to downsize to just the Droid. Droid plus apps like runstar make the GPS functionality of my Garmin Forerunner pretty obsolete, but I need the heart rate monitor, so I still wear this ginormous Garmin tumor on my wrist when I run. Anyone heard anything about possible ANT+ interoperability coming to an Android market near you?

I saw recently that the iPhone has ANT+ interoperable apps/hardware that allow it to talk to, e.g. Garmin heart rate monitors, etc. For reference, here's a link to an iPhone offering like what I'm talking about:
    This is ANT, the Wireless Sensor Network Solution
  2. zeekrey

zeekrey New Member

Response from Digifit on android integration

I also would really like to see a device similar to the digitfit but for Android. I use the hrm, cadence sensor,speed sensor, and Garmin GPS devices.

"Hi Corey,

Thanks for your interest in Digifit Connect.

In short, if the droid platform adds ANT+ (and doesn't require the hardware), we'll enable the apps to work on this platform. This is a real possibility as ANT+ becomes the new standard technology in fitness and health sensors. Stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Kelly

Kelly Lazarus || Director of Marketing and Operations || Digifit

mobile: +1 805 689 3224
    email: http://www.digifit.me/feedback.html
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. trailgroomer

trailgroomer New Member

Droid X is ANT+ Ready

Motorola's Droid X is ANT+ ready... with a firmware update. The Droid X uses texas instruments WiLink 6.0 which supports ANT+ protocol. It's soooo close, please Verizon/Motorola/Google get us the rest of the way there, and the Droid X will become so much more powerful.
  4. xanadu

xanadu New Member

5. wmpierro

wmpierro New Member

Droid X ANT+

So, is there a firmware update so that the Droid X can connect with ANT+ devices? If so, where can I get it?
  6. hblz

hblz New Member

now ANT+ app for several phones!

Hi there,
    I just found the organisation that now delivers an app for a lot of phones other than Sony. Even my old HTC pro running Windows mobile can receive ANT+
    The app uses allways the internal ANT+ receiver
    The company website is: Endomondo | Community based on free GPS tracking of sports

goodluck
Search tags for this page

android ant

ant android

ant app android
ant droid razr
ant for android
ant plus android
ant receiver android
ant receiver for android
ant sensor android
connect garmin heart rate monitor to android