Annoying 'Loading' Voice in Browser

EmanP223

Reaction score
I've had the Note 3 from Verizon since launch and when using the stock browser it actually says 'loading' when loading a page. I've been through all the settings since day one and learned the device pretty well up to this point but still can't find a way to turn it off. It's annoying and I've begun to use Chrome exclusively as a result. Anyone have this also happen to them or is it just me? Anyone figure out how to turn this voice off?

OP
E

EmanP223

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. It's been off the whole time and I just tried turning it on and then off and what a nightmare that was! It took a few seconds to figure out to double click everything to get rid of it and that was even more annoying. I'll check that site, thank you again.

OP
E

EmanP223

Reaction score
So it looks like I need to figure out how to back things up and I'll have to do a factory reset. Any places you guys can point me to for backup?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So it looks like I need to figure out how to back things up and I'll have to do a factory reset. Any places you guys can point me to for backup?

If you have saved to your sd card that will be okay…If anything that is on the internal memory that you need you can move to sd card or copy to computer when you plug phone…all the settings you have for sounds / phone settings unfortunately will be reset to factory and you will have to do over…Do you have any app data you need to save?

OP
E

EmanP223

Reaction score
So I tried to do 2 factory resets and it didn't help and still 'talks'. It would seem my unit is defective? What a PITA.

OP
E

EmanP223

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a new phone. This one is apparently defective, not that they new the slightest bit about it.

OP
E

EmanP223

Reaction score
So I figured it out! It was said to do a factory data reset but when I tried that it didn't work. I just tried 'reset settings' and it got rid of the voice and the one handed all screens operation started working! But now the Lock Screen - Multiple Widgets - Favorite Apps doesn't work anymore. On the lock screen, when I try to swipe Right there is no screen there but it will allow me to swipe Left. If it's not one thing it's another.

vafletch

Reaction score
How i fixed my Page Loading talking browser on my Note 3

[SUP][/SUP]
I've had the Note 3 from Verizon since launch and when using the stock browser it actually says 'loading' when loading a page. I've been through all the settings since day one and learned the device pretty well up to this point but still can't find a way to turn it off. It's annoying and I've begun to use Chrome exclusively as a result. Anyone have this also happen to them or is it just me? Anyone figure out how to turn this voice off?

I had this same issue - under the Accessability settings, I have two services listed, TalkBack and Dashlane (password keeper). Talk back is Off but Dashlane is On. When I turn off Dashlane, the browser stops speaking. When i turn it back on, the browser starts to speak. Perhaps in that space.

I can turn off Dashlane for password updates but i wonder if there was another service listed if that would affect the browser speak?

WTTTT

Reaction score
This is an old bug that there appears to be no ability to fix. There are many threads on it on other forums and it is not just on the Note 3. The bug existed long before the Note 3 was released. None of the suggestions on stopping it work across the board for everyone and the only thing that works is to not use the default browser. I have set Chrome to be the browser used on my phone and have not been annoyed by this bug for months now.