Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Easy fix on that...Don't use'em....

Sal R.

Reaction score
My paranoia about public wifi networks has just been reinforced, yet again.

Reaction score

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I don't get how they actually hack in though. is it a custom made app or just DOS commands to access our files?

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Maybe firesheep? That's my only guess...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
i really need to get up on my hacking. can you also put files onto someones phone? i think it would be great to hack into a friends phone and add a bunch of pictures haha

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Using unsecured WiFi is a threat to ANY device, not just your phone.
When I am in the airport I use no apps that require a PW.
Not doing your banking on a public WiFi is just common sense.

edit - I saw this a month ago. Proof of concept but not easy to swipe someones data - you need to be very close to the target. And if your phone is off, obviously it reads nothing.

muscleheadbob

Reaction score
what about people who use it with their work and sync calendars? Do the geniuses at Verizon or Google have a solution for putting our personal information at risk? I am not happy.

cananot

Reaction score
Ok I can understand about computers but smart phones? I assumed that smart phones didn't have an issue with that ? Cause can't figure out why companies sell virus protection for phones? ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

AngryHatter

Reaction score
No this is an app where the guy can read your stuff, but he has to be with in 5 feet of you.

cananot

Reaction score
Oh ok I gotcha. So that would mean if they were near me then the Droid would pick that up since they would be going threw Bluetooth or wifi and Droid always makes a sound when something is trying to connect to it Wells how mine is set up. Dang hackers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

muscleheadbob

Reaction score
This happened when I had an HTC Dash and the wifi was on years ago. I was sitting in a bar and out of nowhere, a day later, the email i assoiated to the Dash was getting spammed and everyone in that addressbook. You would think a company the size of google would be able to use "hindsight". Any word of a patch while I prepare to permanently disable my wireless...

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
So can using your laptop, tablet or enter your phone type here, on unsecured wi-fi.

It's not the unsecured WiFi network that is the main issue here... it is the Android ClientLogin using http instead of https by default.
Article says it was fixed in Android 2.3.4, so not a unsecured WiFi network issue here. But always better to operate over secure WiFi network (eg. WPA2) for additional level of security.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app