Android Tablet gives iPad run for the Money

krighton

Reaction score
not sure i can wait until June...when that Ipad is released i may have to jump on it...HP Slate and Notion better crank up the presses or they'll lose a TON of orders....and that's a pretty old video (saw it last month).

cabagekiller

Reaction score
Well, Dell has one coming out near the same time as the iPad. Forget it exactly. I think its' name is Dell Mini 500 and it has the android OS on it also.

krighton

Reaction score
personally looking for a tablet that's big enough to read comics without having to scroll around between panels...probably 9-10 inch one would work.

BostonBill

Reaction score
Do you think android tab makers will try and compete on price or features vs Ipad?
I was considering a netbook for convenient travel use but since having the droid I realize that I can get along without a keyboard.

krighton

Reaction score
Do you think android tab makers will try and compete on price or features vs Ipad?
I was considering a netbook for convenient travel use but since having the droid I realize that I can get along without a keyboard.

i don't think it will be hard at all to compete on price...considering the max machine you can get for the IPAD is 64gb...shouldn't be hard to get something beefier for under $700

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
That is one sweet tablet. And it gives us a camera for skype which apple of course left out because they dont want you to have one yet.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't really see the point of a tablet. If I need a big screen or some horsepower, I have my laptop. Otherwise, I've got my Droid.

The next gen (or two) of phones I expect to have a fold-out or roll-out screen, so that will give us perhaps 2, 3, even 4x the screen size.

I guess tablets are kind of cool, but I don't see any need to spend money on one.

Mr Steve

Reaction score
When I can get a netbook for half the price the tablet doesn't look as interesting to me. Reading forums or answering emails I can do in the barcolounger with the netbook on my lap with both the screen & keyboard in the correct orientation. A tablet is either going to have the screen parallel with the floor or (with the screen up) the keyboard perpendicular to the floor.

Be nice to have the larger screen if I was just watching video for a length of time but I think I'd still prefer the netbook for day to day use. It'd be nice to 'just have' one if the price was decent, but I can't really justify it otherwise.

krighton

Reaction score
Color comic readers for the win.....unless Apple shuts down all Android devices in their lawsuit....wonder if Google has any lawyers. Tried reading comics with a netbook, doesn't work, left side is top heavy.

skidemn

Reaction score
Why does anyone use or need a tablet?

I'm really looking forward to the 8" version for my kitchen. It will serve as a digital photo frame when not being actively used, but I think it's a great way to access programming, recipes, etc. when I'm cooking. Plus, in a pinch I can take grocery list notes without having to find my phone, then I can sync it with my phone later while at the store and get what I need.