Android startup folder location?

jkayner

Reaction score
or something similar. When i reboot my phone and go into task killer, there are about 20 applications open and the phone is really slow to respond. Where do I control which apps run at startup?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
task killer

Totally un-needed app

Not unneeded. Sorry I don't want my GPS program running forever in the background killing my battery. That or any other program for that matter that i'm not using. It's a matter of CPU usage or anything like that, it's a matter of battery usage, sorry but if you leave a running app in the background, more battery gets used to keep it running. If they had a close on all apps, this wouldn't be a problem... unfortunately that is not the case.

I will leave certain programs running, most I kill off.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
task killer

Totally un-needed app

Not unneeded. Sorry I don't want my GPS program running forever in the background killing my battery. That or any other program for that matter that i'm not using. It's a matter of CPU usage or anything like that, it's a matter of battery usage, sorry but if you leave a running app in the background, more battery gets used to keep it running. If they had a close on all apps, this wouldn't be a problem... unfortunately that is not the case.

I will leave certain programs running, most I kill off.

No battery issues here...

LordKastle

Reaction score
An app killer is a good app for when closing 3rd party applications. What I mean by that is whatever not installed on the stock version of whatever Droid device....just incase an application is running in the background when you didn't want it to start to begin with.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And that is fine YOUR battery has no issues running all that. While most do. It's amazing though, while i kept the programs running overnight it would drop 40-50% by morning. Without those programs running, stayed at 100%. It's not hard to say that programs is the root cause of the problem, and no REAL way to shut them down.

OP
J

jkayner

Reaction score
So is anyone else having this problem? I swear its like every app starts running as soon as its back up.

moosc

Reaction score
U can manually disable gps/wifi and it won't run don't need task killer for that. As stated the os runs what it wants and when it needs space it removes it from running. I have ingored my task killer and no problems. I actually increased my battery by letting it dim it self. I get about seven and half hours outa my droid. I am a heavy user who is always traveling so I'm always running differrnt cell towers.

Leckert123

Reaction score
Wow...only 7-1/2 hours? If you have had a prior smartphone, how does that battery life compare?

I'm coming off a 2G iPhone that I could use pretty well all day, and rarely got lower than the 60-70% mark. For a bit less use on the Droid, I'm at 20%. I'm using it less because I'm afraid it's going to run out of battery when I need it. That is about 16-17 hrs from coming off the charger at 6:30am until 11-11:30 pm.

I've been using Task Killer to kill some annoying apps that won't shut off, like Weather (keeps itself updated and sucks power) and Visual Voicemail, which also runs all the time, polling for messages and giving me annoying notifications that it can't sync when I'm on WiFi.

OP
J

jkayner

Reaction score
I'm not interested in opinions about task killers, I just need some way to stop all these apps from running at startup. The phone for sure lags a ton when all of them are running! That is not up for debate. This is crazy you can't customize this by default. There are 2 pages of Apps open...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Advanced Task Killer would be what you what. It has start up options (it can auto start) and you can set intervals for how often it 'kills' open apps. For what it is it's the best app. Whether you need it or not... but there are those who have noticeable improvements with Task Killer apps... so to each there own... whatever works just ENJOY THE DROID!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just need some way to stop all these apps from running at startup.

Not going to happen....

1) Because it not necessary.
2) Definitely not until the Droid is Rooted.

casey2383

Reaction score
another forum suggested the "Startup Auditor" app, it is supposed to let you manage the start up apps.