Android N Might be Named After the East Indian Dessert 'Neyyappam'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-neyyappam.gif

The latest rumors surrounding the next version of Android suggest the final dessert name could be a tough one for some of us to pronounce. Supposedly, an East Indian dessert called Neyyappam is at the top of the list of potentials at the moment. Neyyappam is a popular deep-fried dessert in the southern Indian state of Kerala. It is made of rice and jaggery.

Google opened up the naming of this year's new version of Google to the public. You can submit what you think would be the best dessert name on the following web-landing page: Help name Android N. Entries will be tallied right up until June 9th.

We live in an increasingly more globally focused world, and it makes sense that at least some of the dessert names starting with letters from the English alphabet will need to be from a country other than a Western one. What do you folks think?

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
If anything it stroking India to accept Google more than any competitor, and that gif represents what it is perfectly.

Reaction score
If I recall, one of the reasons they chose Kitkat over key lime pie was because more people in the world have eaten and know Kitkats. Yeah yeah and the $$$ too.

Wouldn't this situation be the complete opposite??

I suggested Nutella as the name for N

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I recall, one of the reasons they chose Kitkat over key lime pie was because more people in the world have eaten and know Kitkats. Yeah yeah and the $$$ too.

Wouldn't this situation be the complete opposite??

I suggested Nutella as the name for N

Plus it is easier to say than neyyyyyaaaappppppppppam!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this ends up being the case then we know this naming system was bogus. Given the fact that the OP had to explain what the dessert was is confirmation that was not the choice option people were going to.

We will see what happens though.... But it looks like we are dealing with a rigged election here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still like Neapolitan. Nutella is a spread you put on a desert...not a desert.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Folks! Please NOTE:
desert=hot, dry place

dessert=tasty treat
An easy way to remember is that dessert has more S's because you're more likely to want more dessert than more desert.

Thank you.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I'm that guy. I have a habit of reading things the way they're written. Made for some odd posts in this thread. Haha!

Then, auto-correct makes me look like an idea a minute later.

EDIT: Wow...Can't blame auto-correct for turning idiot into idea...I typed that. On my PC. No clue where that came from. I'm a touch typer and those letters live on different sides of the keyboard...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm that guy. I have a habit of reading things the way they're written. Made for some odd posts in this thread. Haha!

Then, auto-correct makes me look like an idea a minute later.

EDIT: Wow...Can't blame auto-correct for turning idiot into idea...I typed that. On my PC. No clue where that came from. I'm a touch typer and those letters live on different sides of the keyboard...

Subconsciously just couldn't refer to yourself as an idiot? :D

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I still like Neapolitan. Nutella is a spread you put on a desert...not a desert.

I beg to differ. Nutella is indeed a dessert. I eat it straight, no chaser. It's awesome. Slap some on a banana and you have heaven.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks! Please NOTE:
desert=hot, dry place

dessert=tasty treat
An easy way to remember is that dessert has more S's because you're more likely to want more dessert than more desert.

Thank you.

I had the hardest time remembering this until I sat down and came up with "a deSert is full of Sand while Strawberry Shortcake is a delicious deSSert."