Android App "Tasker"

thibaulb

Reaction score
I buddy of mine told me about this app, so I downloaded it seems pretty awesome. It setup tasks to do ANYTHING literally. I am pretty overwhelmed with it though and am looking for some help. I searched through the help forums on the website and couldn't find anything.

Im trying to create a task to have my screen pattern lock activated while I am at work (7-4 monday thru friday). Is anybody that has experience with this app willing to help me out?

xm0067

Reaction score
I would just suggest playing with it. I have the app and use about.. 15 profiles, each done through just playing with it and learning. It is pretty intutive (when X happens, do Y... or when X,Y,&Z happens, do A&B).
Its an awesome app though

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

OP
T

thibaulb

Reaction score
How do you know what the Pattern lock is called inside the app? Under display action there is an option for keyguard pattern. But it says "sorry, that action is not available on this device". Does that mean im out of luck? what if i wanted to set a password to unlock the phone? whats that called? there is also an option for system lock...what is that?

im worried that im gonna mess around with it, like enable system lock, then not be able to unlock my phone. a little overwhelmed lol

xm0067

Reaction score
Whatever system lock you activate you would have to set it first. Your phone won't be FUBAR, trust me.

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

sandfreak

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a powerful app but takes a lot of time to figure out. I've had it for about 6 months, had a few minor profiles set up but could never get the one I really wanted to work. So I just decided to stop using it.