Android App Inventor Sound Issue

JavaLlamaFTW

Reaction score
I am making a meme soundboard but the sounds always cut off within 3-7 seconds, the whole sounds themselves are <=1 minute has anyone else had the issue or has any idea how to fix it? It is weird to have leeroy jenkins to only say "LEEROY JEN" then cut off.

jbrill1012

Reaction score
I am making a meme soundboard but the sounds always cut off within 3-7 seconds, the whole sounds themselves are <=1 minute has anyone else had the issue or has any idea how to fix it? It is weird to have leeroy jenkins to only say "LEEROY JEN" then cut off.

Instead of the sound component in the list you will need to use the player component. This allows for longer variations of sound files.

I know this is a bit late as I was searching for the same answer. I did find it at a blog website: Creating an Android app with Google App Inventor. This is not my website and I'm not advertising for it just pointing out the source of where I obtained my information.

This is the extracted text: Instead of playing a video, you can also play a sound. The Designer also contains a non-visible component Sound which can be used for playing short sounds. For longer sound files you can also use the Player component.