Android 6.0 Marshmallow Factory Images Available for Nexus 5, Nexus 6 & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-60-Marshmallow1-orange.jpg

Not that Google officially announced the new Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, their latest Android version can't be far away for current Nexus owners can it? Of course not! It's available today. The factory images for Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the various Nexus devices, including the Nexus 5, the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and more are now online.

You can head over to the source link below and grab these factory image to flash on your device. It looks like it is only available to a select number of Nexus devices right now. Perhaps some of the excluded ones either need more time to bake or are simply too old to be compatible with Google's newest OS.

Update: It looks like the OTA update for Android 6 is also starting to roll out to Nexus device owners! Yay! :D

Here's that source link: Factory Images for Nexus Devices

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Great news!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
2013 Nexus 7 is on the list. Time to charge that old guy and get some Marshmellow love!

This is also the only downside to changing to the Note 5. Its a great device but I loved having fast updates like this. Oh well, not like you'll be able to tell the difference from 5.1.1 to 6.0 on a Samsung device anyways. Running the Google Launcher, keyboard and package disabler pro, I'm close enough to stock feeling as it is =D.

Last edited:

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I just installed it on my N6 and I noticed a new Android security patch level on the about phone. Nice little addition to see where you are at for the security.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Yup...welcome to Nexus land where updates are regular. If you came from Samsung land then this may be a surprise for you .
I've been on Nexus but this is quick for OTAs. They usually come out a few days after factory images

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I downloaded and installed the factory image.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
2013 Nexus 7 is on the list. Time to charge that old guy and get some Marshmellow love!

This is also the only downside to changing to the Note 5. Its a great device but I loved having fast updates like this. Oh well, not like you'll be able to tell the difference from 5.1.1 to 6.0 on a Samsung device anyways. Running the Google Launcher, keyboard and package disabler pro, I'm close enough to stock feeling as it is =D.
hell yes... I've had mine rooted sitting with an update for quite a while... now to get this.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My 2013 Nexus 7 didn't like the new image. All I get now is the 4 boot images that circle. Time to redo the flash.

**Edit** It's due to root. Looks like M requires a custom kernel.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My 2013 Nexus 7 didn't like the new image. All I get now is the 4 boot images that circle. Time to redo the flash.

**Edit** It's due to root. Looks like M requires a custom kernel.

I had to flash it twice. I flashed it all manually, the flash-all.bat never works for me. I was rooted which is why I flashed instead of updating. But after the second time all was well.

Last edited:

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
You guys are so lucky. I used to be able to afford to buy phones outright but now am chained to an AT&T Next monthly plan. Wife and kids happened and soon after was poverty and the end of having the money for cool devices like Nexus. I still have my Note 3 and am thinking about the new LG V10 when it comes out. Kind of sick of Samsung and looking for a change. Enjoy the update! Let me know how it works.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Just flashed it and I'm loving MM.... makes me want a S'mores though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky. I used to be able to afford to buy phones outright but now am chained to an AT&T Next monthly plan. Wife and kids happened and soon after was poverty and the end of having the money for cool devices like Nexus. I still have my Note 3 and am thinking about the new LG V10 when it comes out. Kind of sick of Samsung and looking for a change. Enjoy the update! Let me know how it works.

I feel ya I've still got my note 2 and I've got upgrades available... I'm just too poor to afford them.