Android 2.4

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quite honestly I'd be surprised if it isn't shipped with 2.2.

Look at the X. It was shipped with 2.1 and the D2 was shipped with 2.2. The TB has 2.2. I'll bet it's shipped with 2.2.

I'm not going to get into the Fascinate because that's a Samsung product, but it is worth remembering that was shipped with 2.1 long after 2.2 came out. And pardon me if I'm confused on this but has the Fascinate ever even received 2.2? I don't think it has.

BTW. Does anybody have a clue what 2.4 is? I know Honeycomb is 3.0 and it's not going on phones, at least to the best of my knowledge. So is this just an upgraded Gingerbread? Sure would be unusual to see it get an upgrade and not have some type of yummy name for it but I suppose it's possible.

Xak02

Reaction score
See my above quote, 2.4 will now be called Ice Cream Sandwich.
Or were you looking for the real name? :)
I say we make that the real name.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Quite honestly I'd be surprised if it isn't shipped with 2.2.

Look at the X. It was shipped with 2.1 and the D2 was shipped with 2.2. The TB has 2.2. I'll bet it's shipped with 2.2.

I'm not going to get into the Fascinate because that's a Samsung product, but it is worth remembering that was shipped with 2.1 long after 2.2 came out. And pardon me if I'm confused on this but has the Fascinate ever even received 2.2? I don't think it has.

BTW. Does anybody have a clue what 2.4 is? I know Honeycomb is 3.0 and it's not going on phones, at least to the best of my knowledge. So is this just an upgraded Gingerbread? Sure would be unusual to see it get an upgrade and not have some type of yummy name for it but I suppose it's possible.

Maybe Google will wait and release 3.01 that will be honeycomb for phones? What happened to the google os and the google pcs they were testing?

Vito.a

Reaction score
The reason the Bionic will not ship with 2.4 is because they are getting ready to ship as we speak. To release these phones in late April, they need to load them in containers and onto boats from Aisia in the next few days.

Reaction score
I'm HOPING for 2.3 but I'm not getting my hopes up

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
The reason the Bionic will not ship with 2.4 is because they are getting ready to ship as we speak. To release these phones in late April, they need to load them in containers and onto boats from Aisia in the next few days.

I hope this is true. I don't lknow how much longer my D1 can hang in there :huh: lol. I would've been nice if they didn't put blur on the phone, then maybe it could've gotten gingerbread upon release.....

Reaction score
Yeah, I love the d1... but I don't think it could handle the effects in anything trying to look like honeycomb too well... all the fancy 3d ui stuffs

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App