Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

pcallycat

Reaction score
will phones need to be unrooted, go back to stock to get the update, or will we still recieve notification of the update? (just got my droid so am unsure how the updates work)

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it... on someone else's Droid. Sorry Moto/VZW, you waited far too long for this. Rooted with 2.01 and I've got everything I want and need.

Here's to some awesome new roms based on the official 2.1 though. :)

apastuszak

Reaction score
Not to be a doubter, but with all the announcements that have been made about this in the past, I'd have to see a PGP signed email message from an engineer with a verizonwireless.com email address before I would give it even the slightest credibility.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
No confirmation as of yet from Verizon, or from Motorola.

Twitter pages remain unchanged as does Moto's FB page.

I remain skeptical, until there is some sort of official confirmation.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who else thinks they should do it in order of those who purchased it? Like if u got yours day of release u get the update first and so on. It's kinda like a perk for the most loyal of droidheads.

Last update there was no rhyme or reason. One family had two Droids and one got it while the other didn't. Yeah, I'd love to see it in ordered purchased, but I doubt it.

stafa

Reaction score
I think it is tougher for motorola/verizon to pass this to us than it this was for obama to get the health care passed.

JMody

Reaction score
I am gonna be honest. Believe if you want or not.

Just spoke to Lauren at my local VZW Store (781) 941-6100.

ME: Droid update. When. yada yada
Her exact words, "It actually just released about 50 minutes ago however it will take about 3-4 days before everyone get's it.

Numbers there. Call and ask her yourself.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Who else thinks they should do it in order of those who purchased it? Like if u got yours day of release u get the update first and so on. It's kinda like a perk for the most loyal of droidheads.

That would push the update back 10 fold complexity wise...and we see how long we've waited already. If ESE53 or whatever it was, crashed folks :motdroidhoriz:'s I'm thankful that they didn't release it and instead fixed it with this new release. Programming takes time and all things considered if this update proves to be stable I think they've done a good job...I realize I'm in the minority here :icon_eek:

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I am gonna be honest. Believe if you want or not.

Just spoke to Lauren at my local VZW Store (781) 941-6100.

ME: Droid update. When. yada yada
Her exact words, "It actually just released about 50 minutes ago however it will take about 3-4 days before everyone get's it.

Numbers there. Call and ask her yourself.

I am sure Lauren will appricate this.

SparkyXI

Reaction score
I read over on androidcentral's forum that one of the moderators co-workers got the 2.1 OTA about 45 minutes ago. He's working on getting the update.zip.