An unexpected update..

Crispy

Reaction score
Whoa.. My phone was just "updated".. I wasn't expecting this. Have any else of you "updated"? What's the differences?

BlueSami

Reaction score
Didn't you hear you weren't suposed to do that update.
O you've done it now.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jetman

Reaction score
Mine updated today too (Cols. OH all stock Droid) it is now:

Version 2.2.1
Baseband C-01.43.01P
Kernel 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
Build # FRG83D

Anyone else get this update? I don't see any big changes so far. What was "updated"???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you have to root again after getting said update?

No you shouldn't need to root again. But then again when I was rooted I never accepted a verizon update.

However I am reading around that the update ruined root. And some users will have to root again. Check to see if you still have superuser permissions.

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app

rayswift

Reaction score
I got prompted last night with an update. I tapped "Update" but when a window popped up describing that it will take 3-5 minutes for the update, I was gonna tap "install update" but my fat fingers accidentally pressed the "Home" button. Now I have no idea on how to update it. It wont prompt me anymore and when I go to settings, it says my system is up to date.

Any ideas on how I can update it??!! Is this new update worth the trouble? thanks in advance people!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got prompted last night with an update. I tapped "Update" but when a window popped up describing that it will take 3-5 minutes for the update, I was gonna tap "install update" but my fat fingers accidentally pressed the "Home" button. Now I have no idea on how to update it. It wont prompt me anymore and when I go to settings, it says my system is up to date.

Any ideas on how I can update it??!! Is this new update worth the trouble? thanks in advance people!

go to settings-->about phone--> system updates

pego99

Reaction score
Are your phones being updated without your permission?
Like this guy said:
"Mine updated today too" (Cols. OH all stock Droid) it is now:
How can I prevent updates?

rayswift

Reaction score

I did that. Thats what I just explained in my last post you quoted.

adrenalnjunky

Reaction score
co-worker just got his auto update over lunch. Un-modded normal 855 model. When it came back up, his phone looked like it came right out of the box, completely stock, none of his prior data, even prompted him to re-activate the phone.

some of his prior apps are slowly reappearing, but he is a little concerned that he's lost some data. Especially his Text message conversations are all gone.

My 855 hasn't updated yet, now I'm kinda concerned about it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I did that. Thats what I just explained in my last post you quoted.

sorry wasn't reading carefully.

I've never actually skipped an update when i was stock. Maybe verizon or pushes the update again the next day?

I provided a link in the first page stating what was updated, if that's worth your trouble to find out how to get the update, that's your call.