An email to the VZW CEO

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Ok. "Never gonna happen" for all of the reasons I stated already.

Also, Google didn't just jump in and start manufacturing their own phones. The "google" phone (nexus one) was done by htc.

Only *possible* way in my opinion would be to try to get HTC or someone to manufacture you some phones, but this would be ridiculously expensive again, so probably wouldn't happen, and you'd have to promise to buy a boatload of them (even more $$$$). One way to try to cut down that cost would be to try to get phones directly from HTC unlocked, but again, you'd have to sign a contract for a huge number that you can't afford, and would run into licensing issues, so you might have to customize the phones ordered anyway. Again, all of this is not plausible.

Last edited:

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
Ok. "Never gonna happen" for all of the reasons I stated already.

Also, Google didn't just jump in and start manufacturing their own phones. The "google" phone (nexus one) was done by htc.

your reasons that you have stated...have been thought of and addressed by what I just posted...

what conflicts with what I stated?

Start up capital? - discussed...dont need a very huge startup because we are advertising to a "small minority"

Google - gmail - discussed...it would be google android code..therefore you would still be able to get gmail to work.

Manufacturing a device? - more expensive than bigger companies because - as you said - buy in bulk...So instead of being able to give consumers a $199 phone with a 2 year contract..we make it so its unsubsidized off contract.

Its important to note that...I dont do this for a living...I teach drugs and alcohol...but there are many bright minds here that could add to this "simple proposal". How could we get it to work on verizon? I dont know...

I was also thinking that if we did this type of thing...the very bright people who do make roms and themes can make it so..

if you want CM7 click here
if you want UD click here
if you want MIUI click here

and you would have to donate to their rom so they too can make a little money..and that would help ease the pain of a consumer base who needs technical support. Many forums on the net help people with their troubleshooting FOR FREE. If there was an incentive for devs, Im sure that it cant be that hard.

be more specific about "never going to happen because of my reasons previously stated"...its your ideas and your "never gonna happen attitude that is fueling my ideas to cooperate with your statements. So keep em coming and I will do my best to think of ways that could be effective.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I give up. You're hell bent on not listening to what I'm saying.
Final explanation: even if you want to advertise to a small minority, you will have to put down money for a LOT of phones because of what I *JUST* said and you didn't read.

You're not gonna manufacture your own phones. Even Google doesn't do that. And if you try to get phones from an OEM, you're gonna have to buy a lot, b/c they aren't interested in selling you a thousand units.

Bye.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
I give up. You're hell bent on not listening to what I'm saying.
Final explanation: even if you want to advertise to a small minority, you will have to put down money for a LOT of phones because of what I *JUST* said and you didn't read.

You're not gonna manufacture your own phones. Even Google doesn't do that. And if you try to get phones from an OEM, you're gonna have to buy a lot, b/c they aren't interested in selling you a thousand units.

Bye.

See ya later...you asked for me to be specific..and I tried...

he must work for an OEM to know that it is NOT EVER POSSIBLE. Oh well..any other people who think any thoughts on this? Is this the worst idea ever to be conceived? I think when "the small minority" becomes sick of locked bootloaders we will resort to things like this...again I dont think that this is out of the realm of possibility.

I get it that OEM's dont want to provide to "thousand" people...but somewhere out there...there are people making fake iphones and fake xperia phones...cant be they are making an order slip for a million units...just saying...there may be people out there who are willing to make a few thou phones for a small minority..that is how small business make their mark..

Sony didnt start out making 500,000 phones or devices...apple didnt start out making 5,000,000 computers...gotta start somewhere.

androidgeek

Reaction score
I think it would be harder to get a service provider than it would be devices. If you wanted to the buy 1000 devices @ 300-500 dollars a piece that's not exactly chump change. Not a "bad" idea and would be cool to have such freedoms but it wont be easy getting a piece of corporate pie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk