Amazon Supposedly Developing Glasses-Free 3D Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_amazon_fulfillment_center.jpg

For a while now we have heard rumors that Amazon is working on their own Kindle-Fire style Android smartphone. Today's new rumor suggests they are not working on one, but actually two different versions. Additionally, the second version will supposedly offer a glasses-free 3D display experience. Their new technology supposedly uses an eye-tracking camera to dynamically adjust the image so you have a 3D display from every viewing angle.

This rumor comes as part of a package. Apparently, Amazon is actually working on a series of new products with the codename the “Alphabet Project.” Despite this sounding like something out of a Saturday Morning School House Rock skit, it sounds fairly intriguing. Supposedly they have a number of devices corresponding with letters of the Alphabet, like Project A, Project, B, Project C, etc. Each letter represents a different project, and supposedly, besides the two Android phones they are working, Amazon is also planning some other stuff, including an audio-only streaming device and a set-top box of some kind. According to the source of this intel, these projects will likely launch sometime this year.

What do you guys think of this 3D Phone idea? Isn't this a concept that already died with the HTC EVO 4G LTE & the LG Optimus 3D?

Source: Kindle-FireForum.com via Phandroid

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
With the 3D the first thing that comes to mind is the Nintendo 3DS... disaster and a headache. Hope amazon can do it better.

Asgard

Reaction score
With the 3D the first thing that comes to mind is the Nintendo 3DS... disaster and a headache. Hope amazon can do it better.

How so?
The only game that I had trouble with my 3DS is kid Icarus uprising because of the weird position that you need in order to play it. All the others have been fine for me, granted the only others are SSFIV and samurai warrior chronicles.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think it would be cool as long as its done in a good way and don't cost more than any other phone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
How so?
The only game that I had trouble with my 3DS is kid Icarus uprising because of the weird position that you need in order to play it. All the others have been fine for me, granted the only others are SSFIV and samurai warrior chronicles.

The biggest complaint about it was the bad viewing angle and the fact that it was giving a lot of people headaches. It wasn't atrocious but I don't think it was done properly either. Just my opinion. :)