[Rumor] Final Amazon Smartphone Design Image & Specs Revealed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bgr-amazon-smartphone-kindle-fire-phone.jpg

Previously we shared what was supposedly a leaked image of an Amazon Kindle Fire smartphone prototype covered in a protective shell. Now we have a new image which is supposedly the final design of the smartphone from Amazon. On top of the above image, the source of this intel reiterated the same internal specs the phone will supposedly have when it hits retail shelves.

We shared them with you before, but here's that breakdown again,

• Unspecified Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • A heavily customized version of Google’s Android operating system - just like the OS found on the Kindle Fire products
  • Display of 4.7 inches 720p HD
  • Custom 3D capabilities - with 6 cameras - four of which are positioned in the corners of the device and are low-power infrared
  • 13MP main rear camera
  • First of at least two handsets being developed by Amazon
  • *Prime Data Plan Option
What do you guys think of this one? The specs seem like they could be a bit beefier, but Amazon seems to be banking on their fancy new 3D tech and "Prime Data" to fill in the gaps. It's physical design seems a bit bland, but that is obviously subjective.

[Editor's Note: Personally I think this Kindle Fire phone looks like the love-child of an LG and an iPhone. :blink: ]

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Perhaps they are going after a lower priced market and keeping the price down.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Looks a lot like a Samsung device. Wonder if Samsung will pull and apple and sue because of its likeness. Wouldn't that be ironic.

biglilome

Reaction score
it seems like theres not much too it. very simple but I feel like they still need to work on it.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Not fan of this phone. 720 display? Seriously? 1080p is usually stock in most phones. I feel like the specs are lacking a lot. Decent looking phone. I really hate when companies just decide to lack somewhere in specs so they can make a little more money.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So now were are entering ridiculously stupid 3D phase with camera phones just like with tv's?

I think 720p is just fine for a 4.7" display. When are we going to start seeing some differentiation with respect to contrast, brightness and reflectivity (glass)?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Just give me a phone that I can easily read the screen in bright sunlight.

D

dappwl

Looks like an iPhone with Amazon written on the back...

Every phone looks like the iphone. Just like every car looks like the Ford Model T. It's a shame that companies sue each other for creating similar products. Don't all the milk boxes or tin openers look the same?