Amazon Shows Off Their New Game Studio for the Fire TV with Impressive Video [Poll]

Do you think the Amazon Fire TV is a cool device worth purchasing?

• I think it's awesome and plan to buy one (or already did).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am on the fence. I will stick to a "wait and see" approach.

• I don't like the Fire TV. It is destined to flop.

• I think it's a great product, but I don't plan on getting it anytime soon.

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZlVLhqj1weY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZlVLhqj1weY[/video]​

It looks like Amazon is going all out with their new Android streaming and gaming box. The hot news yesterday was Amazon's announcement of the Fire TV. On top of being a media and internet streaming device, designed to push even more Amazon content to users, it will also be a fairly robust little gaming console. It may not have the power to go toe-to-toe with the likes of the PS4 and Xbox One, but for the casual gamer and average consumer it will boast powerful hardware and engaging Android based games.

Hard to believe? Just check out the video above. Amazon created a video collage of a number of games in development at their new gaming studio, and they look very impressive for a $99 device! The media console won't be limited to Amazon's internal game studio either. Gameloft has already announced optimized versions of Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Modern Combat 4 for the Fire TV.

Do you think the added value of gaming, coupled with Amazon's tightly integrated ecosystem and streaming multimedia content will make this device a success?

Sound off in the included poll!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I was doing some shopping on Amazon today and they were really promoting the Fire. Specs look good.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can we add another option to the poll:
- I THINK IT'S AWESOME, BUT I DON'T HAVE PLANS TO BUY ONE.