Amazon $99 upgrade deal

skillyjack

Reaction score
Now that I am ready to make my move for the Razr Maxx HD. Saw Amazon with their dropped price again. Has anyone had any hassle or problems with Amazon, other than their goofy restrictions I have heard about? As long as I keep my Unlimited Data.
Thanks

OP
S

skillyjack

Reaction score
Hmmm. OK Is that an Amazon thing ? Cause I Know different companies "say" you cannot keep it. But I have read too on the board that you buy a new line, and then can transfer the phone to yours. (Depending on if there is a wait time) I am speaking from a totally novice perspective as a original Droid owner. Hope I don't seem too goofy with my reasoning since its been a few years since I had to deal with this process. Am totally humble towards the wisdom on this board.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Actually you can if you have another non smart phone on your account. I have two maxxes on my account with unlimited data.

You will not keep unlimited data when purchasing a phone on contract. The only way to retain unlimited is to pay full price ($699) for the phone. Its been discussed in depth in several hundred other threads. Just FYI.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you open a new line then switch the phone over, if you don't need the second line then you have paid $10x24 = $240.
Now add the additional $99 and you have paid $340.

I paid $340 for a non contract Razr HD still in the box. YMMV.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If you're on an unlimited plan now, with no other lines. And you but a phone at subsidiary pricing, your unlimited plan does not now contain a provision to add a line for ten dollars a month. So the 240 plus 199 don't add up.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are on an existing unlimited plan, you do not have to go to one of the current plans to add a line.
You can do the $10 a month and add a tiered line.

"Currently" they do not force you to change your plan if you are on a non-unlimited minute plan.
"Currently" the move is voluntary.

How long that will last is up in the air.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Smart phones and feature phones require a data plan, yes a dumb phone is $10 a month to add to any line.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

Dr.Jones

Reaction score
Amazon got my maxx hd to me with no issues. Then matched the price that costco was running a week later. Loved them.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum doc. Good choice on the phone.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.