Am I missing something?

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Every time I flash a rom, the phone boots up fine, but i end up with no service, and this is with every one I have tried. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Are there different roms for GSM as opposed to CDMA?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Every time I flash a rom, the phone boots up fine, but i end up with no service, and this is with every one I have tried. Did I miss a step somewhere?

There most certainly is a difference between GSM and CDMA for ROMs. Quite a few things will be universal, like custom recoveries and most apps. But a ROM you will need to get the proper one for your device.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you have to be absolutely certain you're installing the correct rom. If you're getting the rom from this site, you're fine since everyone here is Verizon. If you're getting it from XDA, Rootz or another, double check that you're in the CDMA thread for the G-Nex.

Whenever I flash a new rom, I'm without service for a couple seconds, up to a couple minutes. This is normal. Either connect over wifi to begin with, or wait it out until you connect like normal.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes toro are cdma Verizon builds and maguro are GSM world phone builds.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You live in Frisco? *looks out his window*

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Yes toro are cdma Verizon builds and maguro are GSM world phone builds.

But I still can not got a rom to work with connectivity. My Nexus has a sim card and I'm not clearly understanding wether it's GSM or CDMA. However, I have tried both versions and get the same results, no G, no service.

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be absolutely certain you're installing the correct rom. If you're getting the rom from this site, you're fine since everyone here is Verizon. If you're getting it from XDA, Rootz or another, double check that you're in the CDMA thread for the G-Nex.

Whenever I flash a new rom, I'm without service for a couple seconds, up to a couple minutes. This is normal. Either connect over wifi to begin with, or wait it out until you connect like normal.

Inatially, I was getting the roms through rom manager premium, (you think it would deliver the correct rom), but lately they have all come from this site, and I get conflicting info.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/co...droid-1-5-0-fully-open-source-03-05-12-a.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/co...droid-1-1-4-fully-open-source-01-18-12-a.html

So, my question remains, is my nexus, with a sim card GSM or CDMA?

A couple seconds or even a couple minutes, crap even an hour would be acceptable, but my phone just won't do it...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you look out your window and see an old man kicking his phone down the street like a tin can, that would be me. :biggrin:

lol, well we do have some interesting folks on our street... wouldn't that be funny

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Well, thanks guys for the comments. Not sure I am past my problem yet. At least now I know I am CDMA, but the problem has occured with every rom I flash.