Am I being paranoid?!

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Ok I've messed with my phone a bit.. Flashin roms, Superchargin, random UI tweaks etc...
Only arena yet to venture into is OC'ing... I think my phone is lighting fast as it is, yet I crave more. Next jump is ze overclock. (say that in german speak)
For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending 2 bucks on an oc app that could potentially ruin an expensive phone. Yet the urge is there.
Is there a guideline for safely oc'ing my dx somewhere I could follow that would alleviate some of my fears? Like basic starting values and known limits? I'm sure as we all know it seems every phone is different. Hence, my fears.
Thanks y'all :)
Edit: Supercharged, Chainfired, Cyanogenated

Last edited:

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Ok I've messed with my phone a bit.. Flashin roms, Superchargin, random UI tweaks etc...
Only arena yet to venture into is OC'ing... I think my phone is lighting fast as it is, yet I crave more. Next jump is ze overclock. (say that in german speak)
For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending 2 bucks on an oc app that could potentially ruin an expensive phone. Yet the urge is there.
Is there a guideline for safely oc'ing my dx somewhere I could follow that would alleviate some of my fears? Like basic starting values and known limits? I'm sure as we all know it seems every phone is different. Hence, my fears.

I have a DX and Im @ 1.2ghz OC and supercharged using rubix focused 2.0. My DX is lighting fast bcuz I need it to keep up with me cuz I work fast with my hands. But even if an OC messes ur DX up do a factory reset or do an sbf. U have to gamble on what ur phone can handle. U have to test the waters. If u choose to OC use jrummys overclock. awesome app. Well worth $2.

RubiX Focused DX

OP
Blacksantron

Blacksantron

Reaction score

I have a DX and Im @ 1.2ghz OC and supercharged using rubix focused 2.0. My DX is lighting fast bcuz I need it to keep up with me cuz I work fast with my hands. But even if an OC messes ur DX up do a factory reset or do an sbf. U have to gamble on what ur phone can handle. U have to test the waters. If u choose to OC use jrummys overclock. awesome app. Well worth $2.

RubiX Focused DX

Thanks for the bit of encouragement. Rubix? I'm using the v6 supercharge. Another topic? Never heard of that one.

Sent From My Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score

RubiX Focused DX

Thanks for the bit of encouragement. Rubix? I'm using the v6 supercharge. Another topic? Never heard of that one.

RubiX Focused is a rom. A really fast rom that makes the DX have really good amount of free memory. I average about 191mb of free ram. Not a lot of bells and whistles like liberty, but the speed makes up for it.

RubiX Focused DX

OP
Blacksantron

Blacksantron

Reaction score

RubiX Focused DX

RubiX Focused is a rom. A really fast rom that makes the DX have really good amount of free memory. I average about 191mb of free ram. Not a lot of bells and whistles like liberty, but the speed makes up for it.

RubiX Focused DX

Ahhhh ok. I'm gunna stick with cm and v6. Thanks for the info

pool_shark

Reaction score
Over clocking isn't going to ruin your phone. The worst that will happen is it won't like a certain setting and lag, a lot.
In which case you pick another setting. Mine refuses to behave above 1.3.
I have it set to delay the settings at boot to make sure it comes up correctly and I can change it if necessary.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do it.... do it! You want the app quickclock advanced. Check your pm box. I'm sending you a gift

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I get your free gift also man? Hehe

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know I always got you brother.

Last edited:

bplewis24

Reaction score
There's no real risk with overclocking. If your phone can't handle it, it will constantly crash, boot loop, get stuck before loading, or run very slowly. It should happen right away and you'll know it. Then just go flash a different kernel or underclock.

Brandon

OP
Blacksantron

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Ok... Brought my phone to the bar so I could enjoy some miller lite while doing this.
Now then.. Im calibrating in quickclock. (calibrating takes so long I'm feeling pretty good :) ) it got to establishing baseline..froze...and rebooted...
Went back into qc and went to overclock. I see 4 fields with 300-1000. I changed just the 1000 field to 1200. Hit calculate. Then set cpu. Again it froze..then rebooted.. Went back into qc and those fields were back to stock...?
Am I missing something here?

Also I tried calibrating again unchecking the voltage test.. Again it went to establishing baseline..froze..then rebooted

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK you should just hit calibrate and it will run voltage until it crashes, then it will run max speed. Try again. It's finding out the limits of your processor. The voltage is very important as it will save you a ton of battery. You can probably safely do 300/15 600/30 800/40 1000/45. Also change the stability buffer to 13. It will still be stable

Last edited:
OP
Blacksantron

Blacksantron

Reaction score
OK you should just hit calibrate and it will run voltage until it crashes, then it will run max speed. Try again. It's finding out the limits of your processor. The voltage is very important as it will save you a ton of battery. You can probably safely do 300/15 600/30 800/40 1000/45. Also change the stability buffer to 13. It will still be stable

Thanks... I'm at 20% with a good buzz. I'll try when I get home. Oh hell I've got a charger in my car.

Nerd alert! I'm plugging my phone in at the bar!

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Ok... Brought my phone to the bar so I could enjoy some miller lite while doing this.
Now then.. Im calibrating in quickclock. (calibrating takes so long I'm feeling pretty good :) ) it got to establishing baseline..froze...and rebooted...
Went back into qc and went to overclock. I see 4 fields with 300-1000. I changed just the 1000 field to 1200. Hit calculate. Then set cpu. Again it froze..then rebooted.. Went back into qc and those fields were back to stock...?
Am I missing something here?

Also I tried calibrating again unchecking the voltage test.. Again it went to establishing baseline..froze..then rebooted

Hhhmmm. Don't know what to say about that. I used quick clock and never had that happened. Uninstall quick clock and reinstall. Sometimes that works.

RubiX Focused DX