alternate recovery flashes?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by kaos29, Oct 8, 2010.

1. kaos29

kaos29 New Member

I need to flash an alternate recovery to fix the stuck at motorola M logo issue. However, when i try to download one with the rom manager i get an error. Is there a way i can flash one with rsd lite? I have searched everywhere but can't find anything that is specific to the droid 2. thanks
  2. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Instead of doing that, open Droid 2 Boostrapper and select the Bootstrap action again, and then the option to launch recovery.

If you want to get into recovery, that'll do it.
  3. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

SInce you are stuck at the m logo try this, something I just discovered and needed it to be tested. Pull the battery, place it back in and hold the power button while the phone boots. Do you get into recovery? You need to have bootstrap installed to get into the recovery...
  4. Redflea

Redflea New Member

He was talking about ROM Manager....hmmm, maybe I misunderstood his situation. :)

AngDroid: I tried the method you describe above and it didn't work for me - booted normally. I held the power button and didn't let go until the boot animation appeared.
  5. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Works for me...I wonder if it is because I just did a factory reset. Now I want to get my phone stuck and see if it will boot into recovery holding down the power button.
Search tags for this page

can i flash alternate recovery