alternate recovery flashes?

kaos29

Reaction score
I need to flash an alternate recovery to fix the stuck at motorola M logo issue. However, when i try to download one with the rom manager i get an error. Is there a way i can flash one with rsd lite? I have searched everywhere but can't find anything that is specific to the droid 2. thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need to flash an alternate recovery to fix the stuck at motorola M logo issue. However, when i try to download one with the rom manager i get an error. Is there a way i can flash one with rsd lite? I have searched everywhere but can't find anything that is specific to the droid 2. thanks

Instead of doing that, open Droid 2 Boostrapper and select the Bootstrap action again, and then the option to launch recovery.

If you want to get into recovery, that'll do it.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
SInce you are stuck at the m logo try this, something I just discovered and needed it to be tested. Pull the battery, place it back in and hold the power button while the phone boots. Do you get into recovery? You need to have bootstrap installed to get into the recovery...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
SInce you are stuck at the m logo try this, something I just discovered and needed it to be tested. Pull the battery, place it back in and hold the power button while the phone boots. Do you get into recovery? You need to have bootstrap installed to get into the recovery...

He was talking about ROM Manager....hmmm, maybe I misunderstood his situation. :)

AngDroid: I tried the method you describe above and it didn't work for me - booted normally. I held the power button and didn't let go until the boot animation appeared.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

He was talking about ROM Manager....hmmm, maybe I misunderstood his situation. :)

AngDroid: I tried the method you describe above and it didn't work for me - booted normally. I held the power button and didn't let go until the boot animation appeared.

Works for me...I wonder if it is because I just did a factory reset. Now I want to get my phone stuck and see if it will boot into recovery holding down the power button.