All right guys, i need some help here..

Mike253

Reaction score
So, i got a droid 2 global off ebay that wouldnt boot / hung at (red circle / white m - gingerbread)

Well, it was bootlooping.. see below

Too find out the battery was dead, so i charged it using an unreccomended way (usb cable red and black to corresponding + and - terminals)

When it was charged, i flashed the .608 sbf to the phone, got the MEM_MAP error and applied this fix ([How-to] [SBF] unbricking & root D2g 629 - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki) which after flashing .608 applies a special "repacked 629 sbf", rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and data, rebooted - nothing. hung at the (red circle / white m) boot logo.

Im at my wits end with this, and i know i havent bricked it or anything but am just needing some guidance on what too do here.

I'm just glad i have my Droid X2 for a regular phone.. or else id be screwed.

I was mainly wanting to have this Droid 2 Global as a primary phone / development phone (starting out..) and mainly because it is a slider compared to my Droid X2 and i tend to create alot of documents on the go and just a touch screen isnt cutting it.

Anyways, rambling..

Can you guys here help me with some advice?

Thank you!

Edit #1: Did this with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit with Motorola 64 Bit Drivers and RSD Lite 5.6, just thought I'd throw that in there.

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try just the 629 sbf
or the Linux iso method 629 or repacked 629

OP
M

Mike253

Reaction score
try just the 629 sbf
or the Linux iso method 629 or repacked 629

Alright, ill try that once my battery's charged, Thank You!

Edit #1.. Welps.. couldnt get it too work. Its forever stuck on the Motorola logo, i was really hopin i could fix this but i guess i cant. Cant access stock recovery, so it looks like this is pretty much a dead end.

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Cant access stock recovery
could you before?

Android Recovery - The DROID Wiki
[h=2]booting into Recovery[/h]
  • Power down the phone.
  • Slide out the keyboard.
  • Press and hold the X button on the physical keyboard.
  • Press the lock/power button.
  • Once you see a warning sign with an android robot appear, press the Search button on your physical keyboard if you're running 2.4.x firmware. For 4.5.x firmware, press Volume Up and Down buttons.

OP
M

Mike253

Reaction score
Last edited: