Aldiko Book Reader Question

NastyNate08

Reaction score
For those who own Aldiko Book Reader Premium and at one point Aldiko Book Reader (Free)...

I read in the comments that Books downloaded with Aldiko Free do NOT transfer to the premium edition when downloaded.... So before i purchase the premium edition, I want to know what the differences between the Premium and free version are.

In the premium are there CURRENT authors in the library? or just these 1800s -1920s authors?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Using Astro I searched my Droid and found /sdcard/eBooks contained books I had downloaded with Aldiko as well as the ones I imported myself. You should be able to check and see if they are there, and if concerned back them up to then import after upgrading. I searched for *.epub

Calibre is good for converting from one ebook format to another, btw. It is an open-source tool available at calibre - E-book management for various OS's.

edit: I'll add that I think the free and premium versions are identical. Correct me if I'm wrong as I can't find differences, thanks.

Last edited:

jimnutt

Reaction score
The books in the library are public domain, that's why they are all older. You can add your own books (as long as they have no DRM), although it is unnecessarily complicated (IMO). Just put the epub file into /sdcard/eBooks/import and run import on the Aldiko menu. I will second the recommendation to use Calibre.. Does an excellent job of managing your books and doing format conversions.